The Student Room Group

Right, my car was egged last night

I'm still in my PJ's laying in bed writing this. I woke up a few minutes ago to hear raised voices coming from the chavvy neighbour s next door. Now they've retreated back indoors

So, I just lifted up the window nets slightly, enough so that I could see if my car was okay following Halloween last night as where we live lots of people walk by and we had a lot of trick or treater's last night, every single knock went unanswered as we do not celebrate Halloween, we are Christian.

So my car is parked at the side of the house on the road, I can only see one side of my car from this window, the passenger side. It is very misty today and rather wet but I'm sure I can see egg on my bonnet, I'm sure its not just dew from mist. I can see like egg lines on my car bonnet, at least that is what I think it is.

I will go and check my car over after I have another little sleep. I hope its not egg and hope the rest of my car is okay

I've only had this car several months and it is in black

My previous silver car got egged last year on mischief night

Scroll to see replies

You should probably just wash the egg off and get on with your day, there's not much more to do. In future, maybe buy some sweets. Doesn't make you any less Christian for doing so.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr...
You could've given the kids sweets, that doesn't mean you're not a good Christian and if it got egged before I don't know what you were expecting if you ignored them last night.

But if I gave the kids sweets then I'd have participated in Halloween doesn't it ?

Last year on my silver car the egg really stunk, I'm sure if was a rotten egg they threw, it was an absolute nightmare to try and clean off last year, couldn't get all of it off either

So what do you suppose I do next year to avoid getting egged again, are you suggesting I should participate in Halloween next year ?
Reply 3
Original post by iEthan
You should probably just wash the egg off and get on with your day, there's not much more to do. In future, maybe buy some sweets. Doesn't make you any less Christian for doing so.

I can't believe everybody is saying that there is nothing wrong in egging somebodies property, I bet you wouldn't say that if you had your property egged
D'you think Jesus actually cares whether you give kids sweets on Halloween?

Some people completely miss the point of Christianity. It's about being generous, considerate, and giving, not being a stickler for silly rules incase God sends you to hell for giving children sweets on Halloween.
Reply 5
Original post by Mr...
You're not going to hell for giving children for some sweets :rolleyes:

I really am suggesting that you participate or move your car that night because if they do it once they'll do it again. Halloween is more commercial now than it is satanic anyway.

Its about participating in festivals that arent part of your religion is not allowed. Its the same in islam. It sinning and heres a news flash yes sinning can make u go hell. But its ultimately Gods decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Hibzish
Its about participating in festivals that arent part of your religion is not allowed. Its the same in islam. It sinning and heres a news flash yes sinning can make u go hell. But its ultimately Gods decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believing in Islam will send you to hell as well
Reply 7
Original post by I love life

How do u know? Only God can decide. In islam we dont worship a human being we worship the creator.

Plus y u hatin 4 lol in Islam even a non muslim can go to heaven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hibzish
How do u know? Only God can decide. In islam we dont worship a human being we worship the creator.

Plus y u hatin 4 lol in Islam even a non muslim can go to heaven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christians don't worship a human being either dear, for them Jesus is God who took human form.

And to the OP, if you're not trolling, which I suspect you are, then it's obviously to do with not answering the trick-or-treaters.

Are you still loving life?

Little s***** (the ones that egged your car)

It's not on but theres not a whole lot you can do about it as on Halloween pretty much everything is lawless and chaotic.

Maybe next year put the car in a garage and keep all the lights off?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Christians don't worship a human being either dear, for them Jesus is God who took human form.

And to the OP, if you're not trolling, which I suspect you are, then it's obviously to do with not answering the trick-or-treaters.

Are you still loving life?

Why should the OP get their property damaged for not answering some scrounging kids? It's disgusting how damaging people's property, harassing people, begging and being a general nuisance is all somehow socially acceptable on one day of the year.
They're still ***** for egging the car though.

Egg the wrong car and the next egg is getting shoved down their throats, that and their sweets might be changing ownership.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Did you annoy the chicken crossing the road?
Thank you for your helpful advice

Besides I don't have access to a garage and nearest car park is a fair distance away

Good advice about turning lights off though, do you think that will work next Halloween if I turn off the lights ?
Thank you for your helpful advice

Besides I don't have access to a garage and nearest car park is a fair distance away

Good advice about turning lights off though, do you think that will work next Halloween if I turn off the lights ?

Yes, if they think you aren't in they will probably give you the benefit of the doubt.

Just park the car a couple of streets away. They might egg your windows or house next year.

Such scum.
Where in the bible does it say you can't give sweets to kids on Halloween? I swear some people come up with new sins everyday :rolleyes:
Didn't Jesus hang out with sinners all the time?

(5/10 troll attempt)
Can't believe the people in this thread. OP does not want to buy sweets for halloween. The end. Stop trying to convince him otherwise.

OP I'm sorry for your car. Halloween is one of the many occasions when children can act like complete ***** and get away with it. There's not much more you can do except wash your car and make sure it is ok. Don't give in.
Maybe the OP should come around knocking on other peoples doors asking to donate to his church, and if they don't donate, egg their cars.

Once they know what's coming they will start donating next time, and if they are so tight fisted as to not have a few quid spare to donate to the church, well they deserve to get what's coming.
Original post by StrawbAri
Where in the bible does it say you can't give sweets to kids on Halloween? I swear some people come up with new sins everyday :rolleyes:

(5/10 troll attempt)

It says in both the OT and NT not to honour or worship gods other than God. Halloween is a festival celebrating the devil therefore participating in it would be honouring the devil more than God.
Right, I will try to remember to switch off the lights next year on Halloween and see if it saves me getting egged. Suppose it depends what mood the kids are in on the night, if they are in a sulk they may just egg property regardless
I don't see the idea of parking several streets away , like you said they'd probably just egg the house instead.
And even if I did park several streets away, my car could still get egged .

Last year trying to clean the egg off my car almost made me sick, it realreally stank as I think it was a rotten egg, it was cold but dry weather last Halloween so by the next day it was dried on. Took hours to try and clean it off and had to be careful not to damage paintwork. In the end I couldnt get all of it off so I gave up

Thank goodness Halloween isn't in Summer when it's hot, otherwise the egg would be almost impossible to remove once baked on by the heat of the sun

Original post by StrawbAri

(5/10 troll attempt)

Jesus says we should not worship anybody but him. If you celebrate Halloween then you worship Satan. If you hand out sweets then you are participating in Halloween and also are encouraging children too as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending