The Student Room Group

Girlfriend cheated but I still love her

My girlfriend and I have been going out for just over a year now and we have been really happy the whole time. But at a sesh about a week ago I heard that she cheated on me with this guy from out of town. I know when a good thing goes bad it doesn't have to be the end of the world, but it with be the end of my world with her to break up, and I don't think I can deal with it. I still love her and have tried to talk to her about it but she gets angry every time I do, and I think she might want to break up with me. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
break up with her before she breaks up with you
If you don't break up with her, then she will know that she has the power to do what she wants in the relationship. She will also lose attraction towards you, because no girl wants a guy that is a pushover.

If you really don't want to let her go, how about breaking up with her for like a month to let her learn her lesson?
Reply 3
Ditch the dutty gyal
Reply 4
If you're certain that this is what happened, break up with her mate. It'll be for your own good, no matter how painful at first.

Her cheating is ****ty, but her getting angry when you ask about it is preposterous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stay with her and keep smashing in her beef curtains, but also start seeing other girls as well.
Run, Run Fast and Run Far

Anyone that is unfaithful to you is not worth your time or your affections, sure it will hurt but you will get over it and you will find someone better
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend and I have been going out for just over a year now and we have been really happy the whole time. But at a sesh about a week ago I heard that she cheated on me with this guy from out of town. I know when a good thing goes bad it doesn't have to be the end of the world, but it with be the end of my world with her to break up, and I don't think I can deal with it. I still love her and have tried to talk to her about it but she gets angry every time I do, and I think she might want to break up with me. What do I do?

If you don't break up then you're a fool.

People who cheat once will almost always cheat again.

Cut your losses and move on.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

You need to cheat on her to even out the playing field

But personally I think you should just stay with her, enjoy the sex life while having sex with other girls, best of both worlds :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
End it. Cheating is vile and I don't care what anyone says there are no excuses at all.
Reply 10
It's perfectly okay for you to love her despite her having had sex with someone else. You can't control your feelings, you can't deny the love you feel for her, you should just embrace it and accept it. If I was in your position however, I certainly wouldn't want to be with her anymore. This is just me, you can decide to do whatever you feel is best for you. But she's used goods now. Someone else used her body, she gave herself away to someone else for cheap. No one should settle for second hand goods, you want a woman who's pure and hasn't been used. I would look at this in a pragmatic way, I can fully understand why you still love her, but if I were you, I wouldn't want anything to do with her anymore because you now know what kind of person she is (I don't think I need to spell it out). Think about another man using her body for his pleasure and let that image burn into your mind. That might influence your decision.
LOOL. Come on bro. Get a grip.

Put in some work, get another chick.
Break up with her!
If you can't talk to her about it, and she is the one who cheated, then clearly she has issues as she is in the wrong, she has no right to be angry when you're the one who has felt heart-broken.
Don't let her have the satisfaction of breaking up first despite being the cheater. Break up with her and be firm about it. If she doesn't even try to save the relationship (which it sounds like she won't) then you'll know you made the right decision. The question you have to ask yourself is: does she like me as much as I like her? The answer is probably not. If she did, she wouldn't have cheated, and she certainly wouldn't get angry every time you asked her about it.
Cheating is more than a enough reason to dump her ass, but the fact she gets moody with you for even mentioning it, what the **** is wrong with you? Man up.
(edited 8 years ago)
exactly, communication is a vital part of being in a relationship, it will just get worse if there is no confrontation of the elephant in the room. Plus there is no point to love someone more, how can she love you by doing that?
ah, that makes this a bit better but exactly, it's quite upsetting... if she is going to break up with him it may upset him more, right?
Break up with her quickly. You deserve more than for someone to cheat on you. You're worth more than that! She will either cheat on you again or break up with you. Flip your hair (short boy hair is fine) and strut the hell out that door. Don't look back.
Once someone has cheated in a relationship then it damages trust and usually it can never be recovered, better off getting rid of her.
Dump her. Act like you really don't give a **** to inflict maximum revenge pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending