The Student Room Group

I don't want to see him again

So I'm in my first year at uni, and it's fair to say I have virtually no experience with guys which is why on nights out with friends, I was a little nervous but open to the idea when they offered to help set me up with someone as I was starting to worry that I am basically going to be alone forever, crazy cat lady kinda thing.
So basically, last night we went out and nothing happened until we decided to catch a taxi back to campus and ended up sharing with 2 guys in third year. One seemed kinda nice and he basically started chatting me up straight away but me in all my naivety didn't really take the situation seriously until he added me on Facebook, kept trying to hold my hand and even kissed me goodbye at the end of the night when we got back (nothing major it was just a peck). Basically he has now messaged me on Facebook and after thinking about it, I know that I am not comfortable with the idea of seeing him again. Problem is, I do feel kinda bad as when I asked my friend it was implied that I am being too harsh and should give him another chance. But the more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I feel and I'm already scared I've led him on - I'm guessing the worst thing to do now would be to agree to seeing him again. I'm still settling into uni and finding my feet - I am not ready for anything like this yet or at least that's what the voice in my head is telling me. Am I doing the right thing?
don't see him again.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm in my first year at uni, and it's fair to say I have virtually no experience with guys which is why on nights out with friends, I was a little nervous but open to the idea when they offered to help set me up with someone as I was starting to worry that I am basically going to be alone forever, crazy cat lady kinda thing.
So basically, last night we went out and nothing happened until we decided to catch a taxi back to campus and ended up sharing with 2 guys in third year. One seemed kinda nice and he basically started chatting me up straight away but me in all my naivety didn't really take the situation seriously until he added me on Facebook, kept trying to hold my hand and even kissed me goodbye at the end of the night when we got back (nothing major it was just a peck). Basically he has now messaged me on Facebook and after thinking about it, I know that I am not comfortable with the idea of seeing him again. Problem is, I do feel kinda bad as when I asked my friend it was implied that I am being too harsh and should give him another chance. But the more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I feel and I'm already scared I've led him on - I'm guessing the worst thing to do now would be to agree to seeing him again. I'm still settling into uni and finding my feet - I am not ready for anything like this yet or at least that's what the voice in my head is telling me. Am I doing the right thing?

Not to be rude at all but ??? It's your choice it's what you feel? It's not rude at all in fact I'm really happy that you are considering your uncertainty. You weren't leading him on, more than anything he was trying to lead you on into a potential relationship you weren't ready for. Don't feel that you'll be an old cat lady because you didn't hook up with guys that you're not 100% attracted to, there's plenty of men that you'll actually be attracted to fully so don't do yourself like that and get with wastes of time xx
You're making such a mountain out of a mole hill, you've met this guy once and never even did anything with him. Just say no to meeting up and that's that, i doubt he'll care much he won't have become attached already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Lol. So you wanted to be set up with someone out of fear of being alone, and now that you've met someone that likes you, you aren't ready for it? Do you not think that was your friend trying to set you up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending