The Student Room Group

When a guy doesn't reply, does it almost certainly mean he is not interested?

He is been online for hours. I'm going online just to show I'm online. I even put my Autolock to never!

Why you gotta play mind games ugh!

I guess he isn't interested, but I still really like him. Should I just give up?

Scroll to see replies

he might be busy?
Just call him. If it rings out or he declined your call the he's avoiding you.
Reply 3
Original post by phdparker
he might be busy?

It's been a week..
Reply 4
OMG you are literally in exactly the same situation I was in last week. Definitely do not call him as I'm assuming you don't know him super super well- also might come across as clingy. The question I think you're probably wondering is if he is not replying because he's playing games (so he doesn't look too keen), if he just can't be bothered (there are times I'm sure when we all just can't be bothered to reply to anyone), if he's not replying because he's not interested, or he's just being a typical stupid boy. I would say that you should leave it for a day (and I know how hard that is honestly) and then maybe message him on an alternative thing, i.e. on text. Also keep in mind that he could be wondering what to say or just not know what to reply- as to be a honest just writing a quick message in reply is not going to take much time so being busy isn't a reason. You also need to bear in mind that most boys are also not as heaving invested in the keeping in contact via messaging bit while girls see it as a big thing, boys just don't have that urge to keep in contact (even if they like you). If you need any more advice feel free to message me as I was in a similar situation. Good luck! xxx
Original post by Anonymous
It's been a week..

Oh.. :frown: My advice would be just leave it, or you could pop up to him?
He may have forgotten to reply; you never know.
If you do pop up to him, I think you should decide if he's worth it or not. If he's giving you short replies, you should give him short replies.
It's not for certain, maybe he's seeing how you'd react. Don't double message him, and if it goes on for longer just leave it and you'll forget about him.
Reply 7
Original post by stochasticking
Just call him. If it rings out or he declined your call the he's avoiding you.

Nah, we aren't that close.
Reply 8
Original post by McBambi
OMG you are literally in exactly the same situation I was in last week. Definitely do not call him as I'm assuming you don't know him super super well- also might come across as clingy. The question I think you're probably wondering is if he is not replying because he's playing games (so he doesn't look too keen), if he just can't be bothered (there are times I'm sure when we all just can't be bothered to reply to anyone), if he's not replying because he's not interested, or he's just being a typical stupid boy. I would say that you should leave it for a day (and I know how hard that is honestly) and then maybe message him on an alternative thing, i.e. on text. Also keep in mind that he could be wondering what to say or just not know what to reply- as to be a honest just writing a quick message in reply is not going to take much time so being busy isn't a reason. You also need to bear in mind that most boys are also not as heaving invested in the keeping in contact via messaging bit while girls see it as a big thing, boys just don't have that urge to keep in contact (even if they like you). If you need any more advice feel free to message me as I was in a similar situation. Good luck! xxx

Omg, Thankyou so much for such a detailed answer!! Xx
Reply 9
don't over think it. If he cares, he will come back.. if not, call it a day and grab some fries and watch scary movies.
Original post by SeanFM
It's not for certain, maybe he's seeing how you'd react. Don't double message him, and if it goes on for longer just leave it and you'll forget about him.

:/ okay, thanks. I was the one who started it too when he didn't drop a message after adding him. He is hugely into video games though but he is online hours at a time so he's probably not interested. Ugh, life is so unfair
Original post by phdparker
Oh.. :frown: My advice would be just leave it, or you could pop up to him?
He may have forgotten to reply; you never know.
If you do pop up to him, I think you should decide if he's worth it or not. If he's giving you short replies, you should give him short replies.

What does "pop up to" mean..?
Original post by Salty Pop
don't over think it. If he cares, he will come back.. if not, call it a day and grab some fries and watch scary movies.

Alright, so what movie do you recommend?
Alright, so what movie do you recommend?

woman in black is pretty good, insidious 1 is also up there. I loved amity ville horror
:/ okay, thanks. I was the one who started it too when he didn't drop a message after adding him. He is hugely into video games though but he is online hours at a time so he's probably not interested. Ugh, life is so unfair

Or he's a geek and doesn't had very good social skills. :dontknow: :console:

Disturbia is one of the few horror movies I've seen as I don't like them but I thought that was good.

Or go and watch Spectre with some friends :borat:
I agree with the post above that says guys aren't as invested in constant messaging and stuff, it's less important but I do think you have to be realistic that if a guy is interested in a girl, he will make the effort to keep in contact somehow.

I always find it a bit amusing when girls slag guys off for not replying/not being interested, but they reserve the right to ignore unwanted suitors themselves.
Reply 16
Are you talking about tsr or whatsapp im confused??
Original post by saeed97
Are you talking about tsr or whatsapp im confused??

Lol, whatsapp
Original post by SeanFM
Or he's a geek and doesn't had very good social skills. :dontknow: :console:

Disturbia is one of the few horror movies I've seen as I don't like them but I thought that was good.

Or go and watch Spectre with some friends :borat:

Thanks! I'll have a look at Disturbia and all of my friends don't like James Bond so I'm going to have to go myself yay
Original post by Salty Pop
woman in black is pretty good, insidious 1 is also up there. I loved amity ville horror

I have seen insidious and heard about amity vile horror, i think I'll watch it today. Thanks xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending