The Student Room Group

**Hong Kong Non-JUPAS Applicants 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VMak
Hi :smile:
I want to ask if anyone knows whether it is worthwhile to submit 2 personal statements for CUHK? OR is this a completely wrong thing to do?
I'm applying for Pharmacy (1st) and Biomedical Science (2nd choice).
Thank you in advance :biggrin:

Did you get a interview invitation ?
Original post by crazymousty96
Did you get a interview invitation ?

anyone applied to do pharmacy in hku /cuhk? Anyone got the interview invitation?

i got interview invitations from both CUHK and HKU:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mega.white
i got interview invitations from both CUHK and HKU:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great to hear that !When is your hku interview?
Great to hear that !When is your hku interview?

28thdec :smile: for cuhk its a phone call interview cuz i study in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
28thdec :smile: for cuhk its a phone call interview cuz i study in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you flying back to HK for the interview? Mine is 28th for hku too! But i dont have any news from cuhk though :/
are you flying back to HK for the interview? Mine is 28th for hku too! But i dont have any news from cuhk though :/

woooo really?
yes im flying TOMORROW:biggrin:
r u also applying to pharm?
tbh i had my cuhk conference call interview for pharm this early morning in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
woooo really?
yes im flying TOMORROW:biggrin:
r u also applying to pharm?
tbh i had my cuhk conference call interview for pharm this early morning in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thats fast ! I am flying next mon because I am still having school :/ Yup i applied for cuhk and hku pharmacy but i only received hku pharmacy interview invitation early this month .maybe i have no hopes for cuhk pharmacy ;/
Original post by Eddymok123
Yo smallman congratulations on your offer!!!! I saw you post in the LSE thread a couple days ago!!! with no doubt, LSE is muchhhhhhhhh better!!!!

Thank you!!! I think I remember you too from the lse thread, what are you applying for??
wow thats fast ! I am flying next mon because I am still having school :/ Yup i applied for cuhk and hku pharmacy but i only received hku pharmacy interview invitation early this month .maybe i have no hopes for cuhk pharmacy ;/

oh wow, then when r u going back to the uk?
no la cuhk said they sometimes give offers really late, if u didnt get a 'no' from them, it means it means u may still be getting a 'yes'
my u6 frd last year got hku mbbs offer in august after oday LOL (after midaugust)
so no one knows what will happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello everyone!

I have applied to HKUST's business school (BBA Management) and the folks at HKUST sent me an interview request approximately 2 weeks ago. It has been exactly two weeks since I finished the kiratalent based interview and I haven't heard from HKUST. Is anyone in this situation?

oh wow, then when r u going back to the uk?
no la cuhk said they sometimes give offers really late, if u didnt get a 'no' from them, it means it means u may still be getting a 'yes'
my u6 frd last year got hku mbbs offer in august after oday LOL (after midaugust)
so no one knows what will happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leaving on the 29th dec. The air ticket will be very expensive if i leave on the 2/3 jan:/ I am kinda nervous for the interview because my cantonese isnt really that good.
Leaving on the 29th dec. The air ticket will be very expensive if i leave on the 2/3 jan:/ I am kinda nervous for the interview because my cantonese isnt really that good.

ohh wait r u a chinese?
or r u a bbc british born chinese haha
i think the interview will be entirely in english so its completely fine
like my cuhk interview was in english:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thesmallman
Thank you!!! I think I remember you too from the lse thread, what are you applying for??

bsc management currently on the 6th week of the 8 weeks! Hope to see you on LSE campus in the near future!!
Original post by sanidhyaSoni
Hello everyone!

I have applied to HKUST's business school (BBA Management) and the folks at HKUST sent me an interview request approximately 2 weeks ago. It has been exactly two weeks since I finished the kiratalent based interview and I haven't heard from HKUST. Is anyone in this situation?

Chillllll man, I'm in the exact same situation as you and I think they only send out offers ON the 31st of December as it is stated in their official website.
ohh wait r u a chinese?
or r u a bbc british born chinese haha
i think the interview will be entirely in english so its completely fine
like my cuhk interview was in english:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully.Because we are suppose to be able to speak Cantonese base on their requirement. I speak Cantonese at home but i never really stayed in hong kong much before.
Hopefully.Because we are suppose to be able to speak Cantonese base on their requirement. I speak Cantonese at home but i never really stayed in hong kong much before.

oic… i think as long as u can speak cantonese to other hk ppl eg daily conversations, u will be fine
my chinese is awful too, and my eng is not even that good so im worse than u hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
oic… i think as long as u can speak cantonese to other hk ppl eg daily conversations, u will be fine
my chinese is awful too, and my eng is not even that good so im worse than u hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder what they will ask during the interview . I hope it will be those standard interview questions and not those behavior or practical based questions
I wonder what they will ask during the interview . I hope it will be those standard interview questions and not those behavior or practical based questions

i think it may be a mixture of both:smile: goodluck to both of us! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eddymok123
bsc management currently on the 6th week of the 8 weeks! Hope to see you on LSE campus in the near future!!

Good luck, hope you get a decision before christmas! (Offer of course :smile:)
Has anyone got a reply/offer from either of CUHK, HKUST or HKU?

I have applied for

Government and Public Administration for CUHK
Global Business at HKUST Business School
Government and Law at HKU.

I have given interview for all three unis and still waiting for replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending