The Student Room Group

Ex Girlfriend Keeps Texting Me

Hey guys,

Long story short, I was in a relationship with this girl for 6 months and broke up with her because we kept arguing all the time, and any time I had a problem or was worried about how she was being with me post argument she just didn't want to hear it. Before we first got together I was reluctant to enter a relationship with her, but she eventually grew on me, and she wanted to be with me so much things got to the point where we were effectively together anyway.

I went to New York with her 5 days after the breakup (it was already planned), initially we both agreed we'd like to try and sort it out if we can, during the entire trip she was completely hot and cold with me, one minute acting like we were together and the next as if she didn't care at all.

We get back home and agree not to speak to eachother for two weeks, I however dropped her a message to let her know that I love her and was missing her, to which she replied that she still didn't know where she stood with everything and wasn't sure whether she wanted to get back together.

I rang her last thursday to just finally get some answers so I can try and move on with my life, as i'm sick of feeling like crap about it all the time. She told me that she wants to be with me, but can't right now because her friends are telling her that "the old her is back" and that she's enjoying being single, and how she would never have gone out and seen her friends as much if we were together (I never stopped her going out, ever, and I believe I was a good boyfriend) and how she apparently doesn't want to settle down at 20 (we never discussed settling down, and if we did she usually lead the conversation). She asked if we could be friends, I declined as it would prolong me getting over her. I've tried my best to get her back, and show her I care, still love her and would like to make it work if we could both try. She kept making excuses every single time however.

2 days later I receive a friend request off of her on Facebook, I declined this.

Last night she texted me saying in what appears to be a sarcastic tone: "why did you ignore my pal request on fb tho?" - I ignored the text.

50 mins later she texts me "and my text" as a follow up to her previous message - I ignored that too.

Today she texted me again saying "wowwww fine", so far i've ignored that.

I want this girl back, and everyones telling me to just ignore her if she's going to be sarcastic and not really promote a productive conversation. Am I doing the right thing or should I text her telling her this? She needs to realise that we either work it out and get back together, or I go forever. I don't do any in-between unfortunately.

If she really missed me or wanted me back eventually, despite me ignoring these messages would she text me to tell me? Because at the moment i've just accepted the fact she doesn't want to be with me and trying to get on with my life.

Any help would be amazing!

Scroll to see replies

If u really want her back , then text her back!!!!! . and tell her that you miss her . don't act cool
Reply 2
So you broke up with her and weren't even that keen on being with her in the first place, yet you told we you love her and want her back? Why did you break up with her if you felt this way? If you get back together, what would be different this time?

I personally don't see any sarcasm in what she texted you about ignoring her, she was just asking why you ignored her? I'd text her telling her that you're sorry but unless you can reconcile and be together in a relationship again that you don't want to have any contact with her. Tell her that and be done. Balls in her court then and go from there.
I understand that the heart wants what the heart wants but in all honestly it doesn't sound like you work that well together and I agree that you should spend some time apart. If she's acting like that, maybe just send her a quick text to let her know that there's no bad blood between you but you think it would be best if you both keep out of contact for a while and see where you go from there, 20 is very young to be getting into a long term relationship as well and it seems like you're both feeling the pressure of this which will be affecting how you act around one another. If she continues to try and get in contact, I'd say just completely ignore her, she knows what you want and if she can't accept that then there's not much point in trying to reason with her
I would be tempted to block her number.
Everything post breakup is confusing.. If you guys aren't afraid of actually communicating face to face, you should definitely try. She could have been influenced by her friends to stay single even though she wanted to be with you. If its not going anywhere just let it go tbh. If its meant to be it will be, if not it won't☺️
Reply 6
To give myself a clear conscience I replied saying "I don't know what you want from me" to which she replied 4 mins later "Was just asking why you ignored my friend request chill the **** out".

Now she's definitely getting ignored, I won't tolerate being spoken to like that.
You deserve to have someome who actually wants you 100 not one min playing hard to gt another loving you.. If she cares she will realise what she missed and i think you should focus on yourself no matter how hard it may seem.. I also think she is very confused and may be toyying with your emotions
Reply 8
Original post by gemstone100
You deserve to have someome who actually wants you 100 not one min playing hard to gt another loving you.. If she cares she will realise what she missed and i think you should focus on yourself no matter how hard it may seem.. I also think she is very confused and may be toyying with your emotions

Thankyou for this! Thought I was doing the right thing by texting her back, obviously not!
Give yourself time to properly think things through before coming to a decision.
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou for this! Thought I was doing the right thing by texting her back, obviously not!

Shouldnt have text her back at all.

Still, you live and learn.

Sorry you're hurting, but its better to steer well clear. She is drama.
Reply 11
You don't get what you want by ignoring things.
Do the adult thing and have an actual conversation.
Reply 12
Hey guys,

Long story short, I was in a relationship with this girl for 6 months and broke up with her because we kept arguing all the time, and any time I had a problem or was worried about how she was being with me post argument she just didn't want to hear it. Before we first got together I was reluctant to enter a relationship with her, but she eventually grew on me, and she wanted to be with me so much things got to the point where we were effectively together anyway.

I went to New York with her 5 days after the breakup (it was already planned), initially we both agreed we'd like to try and sort it out if we can, during the entire trip she was completely hot and cold with me, one minute acting like we were together and the next as if she didn't care at all.

We get back home and agree not to speak to eachother for two weeks, I however dropped her a message to let her know that I love her and was missing her, to which she replied that she still didn't know where she stood with everything and wasn't sure whether she wanted to get back together.

I rang her last thursday to just finally get some answers so I can try and move on with my life, as i'm sick of feeling like crap about it all the time. She told me that she wants to be with me, but can't right now because her friends are telling her that "the old her is back" and that she's enjoying being single, and how she would never have gone out and seen her friends as much if we were together (I never stopped her going out, ever, and I believe I was a good boyfriend) and how she apparently doesn't want to settle down at 20 (we never discussed settling down, and if we did she usually lead the conversation). She asked if we could be friends, I declined as it would prolong me getting over her. I've tried my best to get her back, and show her I care, still love her and would like to make it work if we could both try. She kept making excuses every single time however.

2 days later I receive a friend request off of her on Facebook, I declined this.

Last night she texted me saying in what appears to be a sarcastic tone: "why did you ignore my pal request on fb tho?" - I ignored the text.

50 mins later she texts me "and my text" as a follow up to her previous message - I ignored that too.

I want this girl back, and everyones telling me to just ignore her if she's going to be sarcastic and not really promote a productive conversation. Am I doing the right thing or should I text her telling her this? She needs to realise that we either work it out and get back together, or I go forever. I don't do any in-between unfortunately.

If she really missed me or wanted me back eventually, despite me ignoring these messages would she text me to tell me? Because at the moment i've just accepted the fact she doesn't want to be with me and trying to get on with my life.

You had 1 job.
Hey guys,

She's missing your attention that's all.. Until she finds another male to give her attention. Doesn't mean she wants you per say, she needs someone to feed her ego.
Reply 14
She's playing mind games on you broo...stay away
Original post by xobeauty
She's missing your attention that's all.. Until she finds another male to give her attention. Doesn't mean she wants you per say, she needs someone to feed her ego.

That's the way it feels! Although you'd think with the reply she gave me that she'd actually make conversation knowing if she was hostile I'd ignore her? Doing my head in, it's like she hates me when all I've done is left her alone?
That's the way it feels! Although you'd think with the reply she gave me that she'd actually make conversation knowing if she was hostile I'd ignore her? Doing my head in, it's like she hates me when all I've done is left her alone?

She doesn't care to make a conversation, keep ignoring her, until she has something to really say instead of immaturity attention seeking approach... Don't feed her ego. She broke things off with you so let her go out of her way to prove something to you.
Original post by xobeauty
She doesn't care to make a conversation, keep ignoring her, until she has something to really say instead of immaturity attention seeking approach... Don't feed her ego. She broke things off with you so let her go out of her way to prove something to you.

I did the initial break up, but did everything I could to try and reverse it and show her I care once she told me that she wanted to sort it out. But obviously after us both spending time alone she's the one who said that she couldn't be with me etc whereas my offer of sorting things out has still stood.

I ignored her reply though as I didn't feel the need to put up with it, you think that if she really wanted to talk things through she'd do that? Even after I ignored her?
I did the initial break up, but did everything I could to try and reverse it and show her I care once she told me that she wanted to sort it out. But obviously after us both spending time alone she's the one who said that she couldn't be with me etc whereas my offer of sorting things out has still stood.

I ignored her reply though as I didn't feel the need to put up with it, you think that if she really wanted to talk things through she'd do that? Even after I ignored her?

You know her personality more then me. Personally I would think if anyone cared to keep you in their life they would be more direct, " hey can we talk", even give you a ring instead of a text.

Why was she so unsure that she wanted to be with you?
To give myself a clear conscience I replied saying "I don't know what you want from me" to which she replied 4 mins later "Was just asking why you ignored my friend request chill the **** out".

Now she's definitely getting ignored, I won't tolerate being spoken to like that.

Forget her! That was her perfect opportunity to fix things if she wanted to. She just wanted to see if you'd bite the bait. Don't be her ego stroker. Block the bitch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending