The Student Room Group

ucas track offers vs emails received from the uni

Hi, please help if you can.

I'm a bit stuck and panicking please if anyone can help let me know, do. I applied for the course I really want at ARU on the day of the interview both the interviewer and a email from admissions said they would except (if all my grades on acces matched up which they easily will) level 2 certificates in place of English and maths gcse. I came home from work today to find on ucas track my offer is if I pass both my access course and take another two gcses.

I had originally planned to take the gcses this year so it's on my ucas application but I did tell them at interview I could no longer afford to take them or have the time (18 hours access course and a 37 hour work week with debts that need paying asap)

Please if anyone knows if I can show the emails saying they'd except my certificates to get the track offer changed/use my current certificates or if I just need to give up with uni and find something also to do.
I can't take a year out to do gcses because of my personal situation it's now or never, I quit my original job and moved into a tiny flat just for this access course so have no idea what to do now. I'm a total mess after finding out I possibly can't do next year.

Is there anything I can do?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by accesslyblonde
Hi, please help if you can.

I'm a bit stuck and panicking please if anyone can help let me know, do. I applied for the course I really want at ARU on the day of the interview both the interviewer and a email from admissions said they would except (if all my grades on acces matched up which they easily will) level 2 certificates in place of English and maths gcse. I came home from work today to find on ucas track my offer is if I pass both my access course and take another two gcses.

I had originally planned to take the gcses this year so it's on my ucas application but I did tell them at interview I could no longer afford to take them or have the time (18 hours access course and a 37 hour work week with debts that need paying asap)

Please if anyone knows if I can show the emails saying they'd except my certificates to get the track offer changed/use my current certificates or if I just need to give up with uni and find something also to do.
I can't take a year out to do gcses because of my personal situation it's now or never, I quit my original job and moved into a tiny flat just for this access course so have no idea what to do now. I'm a total mess after finding out I possibly can't do next year.

Is there anything I can do?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Send the email you received stating that they'd accept your Access course without additional GCSEs to the admissions dept at ARU. [email protected] seems to be the address to use

It's likely that the message just got overlooked or missed when the person putting offers in sent it to UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending