The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blondie987
Oh right, sorry, it's too early for my brain to function lol :redface:

That's ok Blondie :biggrin:
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I can imagine it does but that how girls supposedly feels when guys they're not interested in are being persistent.

Yes in fact. I do honestly believe that guys are socially much more clumsy than women which is why they do such inappropriate things and don't even seem to realise it.
Original post by mkap
this happened to my brother lol, he felt embarrassed and pi**ed off. hes not homophobic but imagine how awkward it made him feel.

Why would he be pissed off? Was he assaulted? Or was he afraid that because he was hit on by a gay guy he was somehow gay in a way? The latter seems more plausible providing no insults were made.
Flattered.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
Yes in fact. I do honestly believe that guys are socially much more clumsy than women which is why they do such inappropriate things and don't even seem to realise it.

Slow your role there Bernie.
Original post by Juichiro
Oh, you again...
Did this happen to you?

It has happened to me but I'm not straight!
When I was pretending to be straight aka in the closet, I was definitely flattered but embarrassed if in public at the same time.
I'm bi
Slow your role there Bernie.

Why is it that men are diagnosed with things such as autism at a much higher rate than women? I believe the neurotypical man is closer to being autistic than the neurotypical woman, even if neither meet the diagnostic criteria.
Reply 27
Why would he be pissed off? Was he assaulted? Or was he afraid that because he was hit on by a gay guy he was somehow gay in a way? The latter seems more plausible providing no insults were made.

lol dont get offended you asked for peoples honest opinions now listen to them instead of calling them homophobic. what did you expect the majority of guys to say?
This is what I'd consider a normal response!

I would hope so, but I'm interested to see what other responses are like. I know a few of guys who would be mortified, and when I've shared stories about it I've had some people be surprised that I'd willingly share something like that, so they obviously thought it was a bigger deal than it is.
Original post by mkap
lol dont get offended you asked for peoples honest opinions now listen to them instead of calling them homophobic. what did you expect the majority of guys to say?

I'm not offended. I'm just trying to understand why people feel how they felt. Look at my response to jurchio (spelling?)
Same as girls react I suppose, if attractive then flattered, if disgusting then creeped out. Still no either way
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
Flattered.

Good for you! Especially if he's one of the straight looking ones lol
Original post by Architecture-er
Same as girls I suppose, if attractive then flattered, if disgusting then creeped out. Still no either way

No to both guys and girls?
No to both guys and girls?

No to hot and disgusting guys
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
Why is it that men are diagnosed with things such as autism at a much higher rate than women? I believe the neurotypical man is closer to being autistic than the neurotypical woman, even if neither meet the diagnostic criteria.

Hmm, you believe, oh ok.
No to hot and disgusting guys

Well yeah, that's a given if you're straight.
Well yeah, that's a given if you're straight.

...and since my post said I would be flattered by an attractive gay person hitting on me, I felt it was worth clarifying. Problem...?
...and since my post said I would be flattered by an attractive gay person hitting on me, I felt it was worth clarifying. Problem...?

No, I don't have a problem? I feel like you're looking to start an argument though? :lolwut:
I'm not offended. I'm just trying to understand why people feel how they felt. Look at my response to jurchio (spelling?)

My brother's bi and is always trying to figure people out.... In all fairness, this kinda topic will always get responses from either end.. :smile:
Original post by Hamoody
I feel sick at the slightest mention of them :puke:

Well oh my that's something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending