The Student Room Group

Will I get more attention from girls if I get muscular?

At the moment I don't get much attention from girls, just occasionally a girl might come up to me on a night out, but not much. I think my face is average, not ugly but doesn't look amazing either. I'm 6'4, I have some muscle but still look a bit lanky at the moment (203 lbs) I aim to put on about 25 pounds. Will I have girls flocking to me after I build my physique up to something like this: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTvupskUnS5Fp6dYqpQyJZen0GGrEXKg0cdueiuU0KV-fnJOqI

Scroll to see replies

Yep you will. Attention yes. Girls will look at you. But thats about it
In all honesty it probably will, but I get the feeling you'll turn into a whey protein junkie and because some freaky looking muscle monster.
that physique looks like someone who spends too much time in the gym i personally don't find it attractive
Reply 4
Probably. So what?
Reply 5
definitely
Yup, it's a good idea if your tall to body build.
yes you will get more attention from women if you get muscular. however, the attention will increase exponentially if you improve your social skills, i.e. acting confident around women and in general.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
that physique looks like someone who spends too much time in the gym i personally don't find it attractive

Now I'm filled with curiousity. What physique do you find attractive for a guy?
you do know Cesaro took steroids to get that physique? at your height it's hard to look muscular so my advice lift weights if you enjoy it otherwise don't bother
Original post by SAhm95
you do know Cesaro took steroids to get that physique? at your height it's hard to look muscular so my advice lift weights if you enjoy it otherwise don't bother

Where did you get that fact from? And it is possible it just takes much more time than shorter people. 225lbs is where people at 6'4 start looking really big
Was having this conversation with a group of my friends today, some preferred the big built up muscly types like the one in the picture but about half (myself included) tend to go for lankier guys, dunno why that's just what I seem to be attracted to, definitely doesn't hurt to be toned up though. The most attractive thing in a guy is confidence and sense of humour without a doubt - I'm automatically so much more attracted to someone who can make me laugh. Moral of the story: it's down to personal taste and more about personality than you'd think if it's about more than just attention on a night out
Mate, as a general rule, a lot of girls don't 'come up' to you in clubs etc. You kinda have to go up to them. Honestly, as girls we often think that if we make the first move we'll look 'desperate' or come off as unattractive. I mean yeah, some girls like muscles, but try and get up the courage to actually approach someone and make the first move. You might be surprised.
Original post by Anonymous
At the moment I don't get much attention from girls, just occasionally a girl might come up to me on a night out, but not much. I think my face is average, not ugly but doesn't look amazing either. I'm 6'4, I have some muscle but still look a bit lanky at the moment (203 lbs) I aim to put on about 25 pounds. Will I have girls flocking to me after I build my physique up to something like this: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTvupskUnS5Fp6dYqpQyJZen0GGrEXKg0cdueiuU0KV-fnJOqI

Firstly, if you chase after aesthetics as a pure motif you'll never attain it and most likely quit after couple of weeks just like new year resolutioners.

Will working out in the gym help you get noticed more by girls? Yes in the respect of having a bigger social presence compared to someone who doesn't life. Will you get girls simply by working out? No, you need to have some game when pulling.

Assuming you haven't trained ever before and your new to lifting it would probably take you roughly 1 year to get 20-25lb muscle. Your idea of a amazing physique like the one you've linked above is straight sh1t, straight up. I guess the longer you train the more your perspective changes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mayhem™
In all honesty it probably will, but I get the feeling you'll turn into a whey protein junkie and because some freaky looking muscle monster.

:sigh:

You do know you get protein from most of your food? You can't become a "freaky looking muscle monster" naturally ..... *hands you the rope*. :shoot:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tinemither
Now I'm filled with curiousity. What physique do you find attractive for a guy?

Idk I don't particularly have a 'type' just maybe someone who looks like they take care of themselves but not to the point where their arms look like they're going to burst out of the shirt sleeves
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah definitely improve your physique. Most girls would prefer a man with good muscles- I myself have started going to the gym to get fitter and to get stronger. Just be as alpha as you can.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
:sigh:

You do know you get protein from most of your food? You can't become a "freaky looking muscle monster" naturally ..... *hands you the rope*. :shoot:

I was more considering the fact he'll start bulking up and keep aiming higher in terms of size; If it's any credit, I did BTEC Sport and know how muscle building works.

In response to the meme, I actually attend the gym to work on my physique and health.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Idk I don't particularly have a 'type' just maybe someone who looks like they take care of themselves but not to the point where their arms look like they're going to burst out of the shirt sleeves

So we are essentially speaking someone with more definition than muscle?
Original post by Mayhem™
I was more considering the fact he'll start bulking up and keep aiming higher in terms of size; If it's any credit, I did BTEC Sport and know how muscle building works.

In response to the meme, I actually attend the gym to work on my physique and health.

Okay, sorry my bad. I take it back then. :jumphug: ?

Yeah he probably is though he can roughly eat at maintenance for his first year and still make amazing gains.

I'm just saying the physique OP wants is quite s... and easily achievable however
it isn't nowhere near aesthetic.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending