The Student Room Group

Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook?

I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)

Scroll to see replies

i can't cook, so that would be a problem...

not a fatal problem, though, just something we'd have to work around. not exactly a big deal.
Reply 2
Yes. I pretty much live off of snacks and takeaways anyway :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Jack Straw
i can't cook, so that would be a problem...

not a fatal problem, though, just something we'd have to work around. not exactly a big deal.

Why don't you learn? It's not hard to cut an onion...
It wouldn't be a huge factor for me because I love cooking anyway, but I just don't get how people can't do it.
Reply 5
I'd teach her. I wouldn't date anyone snobby who looked down on someone for not being able to though.
You can learn to cook so yep.
Reply 7
Original post by Precious Illusions
You can learn to cook so yep.

I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination :tongue:
Reply 8
Yh, just have takeaways every day :colondollar:
I could teach them it'd be cute

no big deal
It's not an important thing to me in the slightest that my partner in any way be some master chef.

I don't mind if they're a shite cook. But I'd be a bit annoyed if they were always saying that "can't cook" and don't even try/ expect to be waited on.
Original post by whorace
I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination :tongue:

Exactly! Most people can cook SOME things anyway, and like with most things practice makes perfect. Certainly wouldn't put me off someone.
Reply 12
Original post by SophieSmall
It's not an important thing to me in the slightest that my partner in any way be some master chef.

I don't mind if they're a shite cook. But I'd be a bit annoyed if they were always saying that "can't cook" and don't even try/ expect to be waited on.

I try not to date anyone who ever said the words 'I can't' - You bloody well can, I don't care how ridiculous your proposal is, you can at least try.
Yes, we could learn together :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
I try not to date anyone who ever said the words 'I can't' - You bloody well can, I don't care how ridiculous your proposal is, you can at least try.

Yeah, when we're talking about a basic life skill "I can't" is just a complete lie barring any disabilities that literally prevent them from doing it.

It's not that they can't, they won't.
Reply 15
Original post by dean01234
It wouldn't be a huge factor for me because I love cooking anyway, but I just don't get how people can't do it.

I enjoy cooking too. I don't understand either. It's not hard to make basic dishes like scrambled egg.

The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Exactly! Most people can cook SOME things anyway, and like with most things practice makes perfect. Certainly wouldn't put me off someone.

you should see my coq au vin :smug:
You mean just using an oven? **** me, it's easy.
Reply 18
Original post by MLPforever
I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)

Well I can't cook. My partner doesn't mind. Wouldn't be a problem for me either lol.
Reply 19
i know how to cook anyway so its all good, ad teach em though, it would be cute doing it together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending