The Student Room Group

I have a crush on my friend. What do I do!?

So about 3 months ago I started talking to this girl at college and since then we've been talking quite a lot. I see her 3 times a week because she's in my class and we Skype quite a lot too. Over the past week or so I've started to accidentally fall for her and I'm not really sure what to do. She's hung around with mostly guys because she prefers it to being with girls and I think that she trusts me because she's told me a lot of things that other people don't know about. During the summer she broke up with her ex which was pretty rough for her and the other day one of her guy friends asked her out. She said she hates when that happens because it always ends up being awkward afterwards and the guy never talks to her. Over the past few weeks I've been joking about me and her by saying things like "we should totally date" but in a sarcastic way. The main issue is she's a really awesome friend and I don't want to ruin our friendship if she rejects me because that would just straight up suck. I'm not really sure what to do seeing as we aren't super close and we'll both be off to uni in september. She also invited me to a house warming party when she moves out and I don't want to not go. So should i ask her out or not?

tl;dr - Should I ask out my friend with the risk of losing her, or just hope that my feelings pass and keep our friendship?
Original post by Anonymous
So about 3 months ago I started talking to this girl at college and since then we've been talking quite a lot. I see her 3 times a week because she's in my class and we Skype quite a lot too. Over the past week or so I've started to accidentally fall for her and I'm not really sure what to do. She's hung around with mostly guys because she prefers it to being with girls and I think that she trusts me because she's told me a lot of things that other people don't know about. During the summer she broke up with her ex which was pretty rough for her and the other day one of her guy friends asked her out. She said she hates when that happens because it always ends up being awkward afterwards and the guy never talks to her. Over the past few weeks I've been joking about me and her by saying things like "we should totally date" but in a sarcastic way. The main issue is she's a really awesome friend and I don't want to ruin our friendship if she rejects me because that would just straight up suck. I'm not really sure what to do seeing as we aren't super close and we'll both be off to uni in september. She also invited me to a house warming party when she moves out and I don't want to not go. So should i ask her out or not?

tl;dr - Should I ask out my friend with the risk of losing her, or just hope that my feelings pass and keep our friendship?

stop being a p***y ask her out, what do you lose if she says no? you'll still be friends and if she does say no just say it was a dare
Reply 2
I also forgot to mention that I compliment her and stuff but she always says "no, you're lying". How can I get her to accept my compliments and make our conversations more natural? btw I'm 18 and she's 21, both in final year of college if that matters.
Reply 3
Original post by theBranicAc
stop being a p***y ask her out, what do you lose if she says no? you'll still be friends and if she does say no just say it was a dare

But what if it becomes awkward between us and we stop being friends? I don't want that **** to happen
Original post by Anonymous
But what if it becomes awkward between us and we stop being friends? I don't want that **** to happen

you worry to much man, your not going to get married to this girl right? i guess you like her, and if you like her, you should ask her out. Guessing from what your saying she seems to like you aswelL.
Shes not going to say no,becuase she knows if she does it would become arkward, and if she does then peak your f*****d

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending