The Student Room Group

I told my friend a secret but I don't know if I can trust her

I told my friend a secret today and it's not like one of the ones that you typically hear round school. I am already judged enough at school for other rumors that have gone round about me, which there are a lot of. I don't really care what people think of me but if they keep on saying things it really annoys me. I know it was stupid but I really needed to tell someone and I don't know if I can fully trust her with my secret and I need to make sure she doesn't tell anyone. Help?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You told her even though you don't know you can trust her? I would suggest just keep reminding her not to tell anyone.

Original post by Jazzy4949
I told my friend a secret today and it's not like one of the ones that you typically hear round school. I am already judged enough at school for other rumors that have gone round about me, which there are a lot of. I don't really care what people think of me but if they keep on saying things it really annoys me. I don't know if I can trust her and I need to make sure she doesn't tell anyone. Help?
Reply 2
Original post by BhavyaB
You told her even though you don't know you can trust her? I would suggest just keep reminding her not to tell anyone.

I do trust her but with our group of friends sometimes they will say something to each other even if they are not meant to. We have some of each other's secrets but this one would mean I would be made fun of and telling her means that that she might tell another person in my group of friends who is not so good at keeping secrets
Reply 3
Ah I see your problem here.. I'm very sorry but as you've already told her I don't think there's anything you can do now :frown: However, again, I still believe you should keep reminding her not to tell anyone. I'm sorry I'm not much help :frown:
I do trust her but with our group of friends sometimes they will say something to each other even if they are not meant to. We have some of each other's secrets but this one would mean I would be made fun of and telling her means that that she might tell another person in my group of friends who is not so good at keeping secrets
Reply 4
Original post by BhavyaB
Ah I see your problem here.. I'm very sorry but as you've already told her I don't think there's anything you can do now :frown: However, again, I still believe you should keep reminding her not to tell anyone. I'm sorry I'm not much help :frown:

Thank you anyway. I'm probably overreacting anyway because if she is my friend she wouldn't tell anyone. And you really did help so thanks again :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you anyway. I'm probably overreacting anyway because if she is my friend she wouldn't tell anyone. And you really did help so thanks again :smile:

No worries, hope everything works out fine for you :smile:
I'm not being funny if someone is not capable of keeping a secret they aren't your friend. Whether it 'slips out' or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending