The Student Room Group

Suggest ways to get over heartbreak.

It's my first heartbreak, so I have no idea how to deal with it. It's been affecting me for 4 months.

I found out my close friend liked me, so I ended up liking him back. But recently I found out he wasn't going to be serious about me and that I liked him more than he liked me.
Original post by Anonymous
It's my first heartbreak, so I have no idea how to deal with it. It's been affecting me for 4 months.

I found out my close friend liked me, so I ended up liking him back. But recently I found out he wasn't going to be serious about me and that I liked him more than he liked me.

Hey! i know that first heart breaks can be tough, but it's going to be okay! :console:

try finding ways to distract yourself, start reading, find a new hobby, anything to distract yourself! listen to music, different, chirpy, happy music! (i don't recommend Taylor Swift! )

Go on walks? i found them really helpful when this happened to me! I ended up joining the gym to help with the stress too and it helped- i took it all out on working out at the gym

Find someone to talk to about this- i found that talking about it really helps relieve the pain, it gets it off your chest in a way!

One thing you need to remember is, that you'll learn from this, and that you have to move on! You'll find some one better!this was just a phase, it'll pass over and, it'll all go back to normal again! :yep:

:hugs:
Reply 2
Original post by CleverSquirrel
Hey! i know that first heart breaks can be tough, but it's going to be okay! :console:

try finding ways to distract yourself, start reading, find a new hobby, anything to distract yourself! listen to music, different, chirpy, happy music! (i don't recommend Taylor Swift! )

Go on walks? i found them really helpful when this happened to me! I ended up joining the gym to help with the stress too and it helped- i took it all out on working out at the gym

Find someone to talk to about this- i found that talking about it really helps relieve the pain, it gets it off your chest in a way!

One thing you need to remember is, that you'll learn from this, and that you have to move on! You'll find some one better!this was just a phase, it'll pass over and, it'll all go back to normal again! :yep:

:hugs:

Thanks alot for taking out your time to give this advice 😊

I feel like I can't really talk to many people about it since my friends do not take it seriously since they have never liked/dated anyone. Also I can only tell my sister but I feel like Im burdening her.

At the moment I began teaching myself Korean and I started walking today, it actually helps. I'll also look into other hobbies such as boxing and gym too.

Out of curiousity did you get over your first heartbreak? How long did it take you to get over it? Did you find someone you got along with better than your first love?
Reply 3

What will help is if you think of all the negatives of this guy don't think how much you liked him just how much he hurt you and you will slowly get over him. Also liking someone else will help but it would be better if you were completely over this guy first.
Hang out with your friends more, exercise will help you feel and look good, cut off contact with this guy delete him off social media so there is no chance of looking at his profile which may stir up feelings and also try and avoid going near him.
Thanks alot for taking out your time to give this advice 😊

I feel like I can't really talk to many people about it since my friends do not take it seriously since they have never liked/dated anyone. Also I can only tell my sister but I feel like Im burdening her.

At the moment I began teaching myself Korean and I started walking today, it actually helps. I'll also look into other hobbies such as boxing and gym too.

Out of curiousity did you get over your first heartbreak? How long did it take you to get over it? Did you find someone you got along with better than your first love?

Aww that’s okay sweetie!! Feel free to PM me whenever you want!! I’m always around to help :yep:

Ah okay i see,that’s good! At least you’ve got a distraction now!

I do recommend the Gym, you hit two birds with one stone- you get fit and your stress levels decrease!!

Erm yes i did!! Eventually i did, it was last year in fact, a relationship of 6 months (we broke up in October last year ish)- he cheated on me, with my best friend- i know it sucks haha, and i got over it, erm well i didn't have anyone to talk to it about- so it took me longer but i was fine by November- so nearly a month?

I started going to the gym, started running- going for walks too, to the park, i distracted myself from it.
And then TSR! started giving out advice on here too- using what i learnt from the break up to help others!!

And then out of no where, a few months ago (March time ish?), a new guy came into my life, when i was least expecting it, i get along with him alot! Much much better than my ex, actually he's a thousand times better than my ex - let’s just wait and see how it all goes now!

I’ve learnt from it, it’s taught me alot!! It’s shown me how tough i am, and how do deal with things in a more realistic way!:hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending