The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
Yeah if they're hot. I've seen women who looked like crap all through their twenties and only learned how to groom and use make up in their thirties and all of a sudden get more attention. That's a minority of women though, not enough to change the general rule.

Its the same with men, higher status has potential to attract women but not many older men are rich/high status/hot enough to have all this 'sexual power' these instances are in the minority too. Most are bald/overweight with low-average status. This is my point thete are general theories but in reality theres not enough older hot men for there to be a general rule.
Original post by Anonymous
Its the same with men, higher status has potential to attract women but not many older men are rich/high status/hot enough to have all this 'sexual power' these instances are in the minority too. Most are bald/overweight with low-average status. This is my point thete are general theories but in reality theres not enough older hot men for there to be a general rule.

That's because the wall for women is anywhere from 25-35, for men it is more commonly 35-50. Not that hotness really matters for a man that much anyway.
Original post by Jebedee
That's because the wall for women is anywhere from 25-35, for men it is more commonly 35-50. Not that hotness really matters for a man that much anyway.

Pretty much. Plenty of sugar babies and slugs out there who will spread em. TBH I think its down to culture, experience and background. Given the alarming rate of divorce in this country and single parenthood/ teen parenthood it doesn't surprise me. We're broken as a nation when it comes to stuff like this. I agree though, its not acceptable for those men to treat older ladies like that..but don't forget..ladies don't treat men nicely when they're young either!
They are deluded if they think they will suddenly become attractive and have all the power when they age.
I know plenty of women who still look great in their forties, and ones in their fifties who divorced and had no problem finding a new partner.
Original post by Ella-keturah
They are deluded if they think they will suddenly become attractive and have all the power when they age.
I know plenty of women who still look great in their forties, and ones in their fifties who divorced and had no problem finding a new partner.

They're not deluded. When they get a bit of money and power, shallow women flock to them like flies to ****. Have you seen Thailand? Lol..the whole place is like a Justin beiber concert crowd except it has fat pot bellied men dancing with teens.
Reply 25
I question why you are spending any amount of time on a red pill site? Sure these guys may be totally wrong but what are you doing spending your time snooping on them?
Original post by Foo.mp3
True. Research shows that women in their early 20s are in demand with virtually all males. The tend is downhill once they hit their late 20's

Not just backed by theory (although this does stand up to scrutiny), but by stats, as above

Bitter losers, in the main. ‘Modern’ Western culture and technology don’t help of course. I was talking to some about the toxic growth of superficial expectations/skewed relations in this context just the other day, as it happens (but will spare you the lecture). Men are experiencing greater mental health problems as a direct consequence of these trends, and some women are falling victim to direct (LAD/’rape’ culture) and indirect effects (distrustful/vengeful relationship behaviours) too. Unfortunately ‘human progress’ has carried us to a point at which it is self-evidently not advancing humanity in welfare terms but, instead, making matters worse and driving discontent and a disconnect between the sexes. As a professional dating coach/relationship counsellor I see this at first hand

That’s a bloody awful exercise to do! :lolwut:

Unfortunately men, ultimately, are the drivers of virtually all things in life (except, arguably, nurturing/home building), so this is a pretty hollow ‘victory’ of the sexes. The reality is that unless/until males develop the tools of attraction and deep rapport building they are at a significant disadvantage in the dating game, yes, but once a male becomes proficient in these areas then the sky is the limit in a way that can never be for females (who are neither biologically programmed, nor sociologically licensed, to demonstrate gaming behaviour, or indeed psychologically enabled to generate attraction largely off the back of their general aura [security value], rather than their aesthetics [replication value])

That’s a good attitude to have :smile:

How can women in their 20's be in demand with virtually all males when most men above 30 are married off/wouldnt leave their marriage/or dont look for women around their age. Thats like saying that all men would choose women in their twenties if they could. When in reality although they might rate 20 odd year olds as most attractive to look at, many men are happy seeking out and settling with women their own age, or just a slight age gap.
They're not deluded. When they get a bit of money and power, shallow women flock to them like flies to ****. Have you seen Thailand? Lol..the whole place is like a Justin beiber concert crowd except it has fat pot bellied men dancing with teens.

Thailand isn't the UK. I am on about proper relationships, not buying people. Pretty pathetic if the only way they can get interest/attention from women is by flashing their cash :redface:
Thailand isn't the UK. I am on about proper relationships, not buying people. Pretty pathetic if the only way they can get interest/attention from women is by flashing their cash :redface:

Lol you're deluded if you think we're any better or any different. My bestfriend said to me point blank- after she graduates from oxford (law). She'll get with the richest guy she can find. All my friends say the similar stuff..they'll never get with a guy who earns less than them.. bla bla bla..they'll only put out if they buy them stuff in relationships.. bla bla bla.. They'll leave a guy if he gets fired and doesn't get a decent job.. bla bla bla..I'm sorry, but wait a couple of years and go into the real world and then you'll see how it really works. IMO about 80% have this mentality, and of the 20% only 5% are genuine, soft, kind, caring types making them unicorns in the grand scheme of things..
Lol you're deluded if you think we're any better or any different. My bestfriend said to me point blank- after she graduates from oxford (law). She'll get with the richest guy she can find. All my friends say the similar stuff..they'll never get with a guy who earns less than them.. bla bla bla..they'll only put out if they buy them stuff in relationships.. bla bla bla.. They'll leave a guy if he gets fired and doesn't get a decent job.. bla bla bla..I'm sorry, but wait a couple of years and go into the real world and then you'll see how it really works. IMO about 80% have this mentality, and of the 20% only 5% are genuine, soft, kind, caring types making them unicorns in the grand scheme of things..

You obviously have *****y friends.
You obviously have *****y friends.

No luv. That's life. You wouldn't go out with someone on benefits or someone who is in their 30s stacking shelves at ASDA. Don't lie to yourself.
No luv. That's life. You wouldn't go out with someone on benefits or someone who is in their 30s stacking shelves at ASDA. Don't lie to yourself.

Women have ridiculously high standards anyway.
That's so true Shardie :wink:. If it makes you feel better, those with high standards end up marrying or LTR a complete **** who ruins their life/ abuses them and then cheats or walks out after they've had kids. Karma I suppose. But the same applies for guys though, girls can cheat and leave them etc. I'd rather the boring, plain, nice and kind soft type than the bad girl, interesting, wild-fire, sassy, arrogant type. Given that soft, kind and genuine girls who aren't gold diggers/ shallow are as rare as hens teeth unless you go abroad..I might be looking for a while.
Pretty much. Plenty of sugar babies and slugs out there who will spread em. TBH I think its down to culture, experience and background. Given the alarming rate of divorce in this country and single parenthood/ teen parenthood it doesn't surprise me. We're broken as a nation when it comes to stuff like this. I agree though, its not acceptable for those men to treat older ladies like that..but don't forget..ladies don't treat men nicely when they're young either!

I think if you want to work out where you are going wrong in your life, you need to take time to re-read your posts. You talk about women is if they are sex objects, or nothing. If you don't change your attitude, you'll be alone forever.
As a female I got no attention at school/college, it went to all the 'pretty popular girls'. I lacked confidence and was a tomboy into sports. For a facial attraction psychology topic at college, I was rated lowest in the class for facial attraction in an anonymous 'survey' the lecturer suggested the class did on each other. Most people were given 7's and 8's. I was given a string of 4's and two 5's, lower than the teacher lol. Made me feel like crap for years. But I don't feel bitter or anger towards men nor want revenge just because I couldn't get a relationship. Nor do I go rubbing in my observation that generally women can get sex much more easily than men, at almost any age (should they want to). I just work on myself and if someone comes along then that's great lol.

I find it absolutely disgusting that your teacher made you all complete a facial attraction survey on each other. Surely as a psychology teacher that individual should have known what a harmful psychological effect that would have had, so unethical.
That teacher's pathetic demonstration led you to feel **** about yourself for years. I am completely astounding that they were able to get away with that. I find it so frustrating, you should have complained.

Where in that paragraph did she give the slightest hint that she was bitter? She just disclosed a negative experience of hers which severely knocked her confidence. For you to use that disclosure as an excuse to discredit everything else she says is probably the most pathetic thing I've seen come from you.

And that is saying something. Jog on pip-squeak.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
I think if you want to work out where you are going wrong in your life, you need to take time to re-read your posts. You talk about women is if they are sex objects, or nothing. If you don't change your attitude, you'll be alone forever.

Lol how naïve. Saying something controversial makes me a loner? Or a failure? Okay then lol. If I'm going to be alone forever I've already failed that one. Thanks mate. Try harder next time.
Original post by Twinpeaks
I find it absolutely disgusting that your teacher made you all complete a facial attraction survey on each other. Surely as a psychology teacher that individual should have known what a harmful psychological effect that would have had, so unethical.
That teacher's pathetic demonstration led you to feel **** about yourself for years. I am completely astounding that they were able to get away with that. I find it so frustrating, you should have complained.

Looking back it was unethical but I just saw myself as a big loser back (wasn't in the cool crowd), the teacher was 'cooler' and mixed better with the class than me! I wouldn't have complained as the teacher did ask everyone, individually but in front of the class, if we wanted to do the activity and everyone apart from one person said yes. I could have said no but was curious as to what score I'd get so I just said 'I'm not bothered' and he counted me in. Then afterwards I wished I'd have said no lol.
That's so true Shardie :wink:. If it makes you feel better, those with high standards end up marrying or LTR a complete **** who ruins their life/ abuses them and then cheats or walks out after they've had kids. Karma I suppose. But the same applies for guys though, girls can cheat and leave them etc. I'd rather the boring, plain, nice and kind soft type than the bad girl, interesting, wild-fire, sassy, arrogant type. Given that soft, kind and genuine girls who aren't gold diggers/ shallow are as rare as hens teeth unless you go abroad..I might be looking for a while.

It doesn't make me feel better at all. It saddens me that men and women have to go through such experiences; life is not ever going to be sugar and rainbows, but no one deserves to go through trauma.

My point was that women, particularly younger, have unrealistic standards when it comes to men. You ever been on a dating website? Literally profiles where women will design a checklist of what they do/do not want, some of which is very particular. Can't criticize them for having desires but to rule out people for something as silly as what hair color they have is beyond my comprehension. Men are just as bad, but I have yet to actually meet a man with pathetic standards; anyone I know just wants to meet a decent lass.
I feel your pain Shardie :frown:. I really do feel for you because you're such a genuine guy and you have so much love to give. But I'll tell you something, ive discovered that having the right mix of dominance, charisma, intelligence and a tad bit of playful misogyny works wonders and overcomes certain barriers but only if you can convince them to be taken out. I know what you mean about these fantasisers though. Same exists in the Asian community, they want a guy who confident, a virgin, dominant and well built but will cook and do the house work and someone who will earn more than them and has to be good looking and must have "European features" and be of "fair complexion" <--- that always give a good chuckle and preferably either a doctor, lawyer or engineer. So no wonder so many women are unmarried and virgins into their late 20s and mid 30s at which point they realise noting it going to happen and get desperate and lower their standards hugely and settle for someone way down in the league where previously they've rejected so many good guys or "candidates" as their parents see it. Karma man. It works.

Don't tell me what I would or wouldn't do. If I loved them then they can work in McDonalds for all I care.

Latest

Trending

Trending