The Student Room Group

I can't break it off with him! Should I? PLease HELP!

So as my previous post states, I've been seeing someone for about a month and we've been hanging out and spending time together.

He's a great guy... acts polite, pays for me, never flakes on me. Everything is perfect but there is just ONE THING that is missing and I can't put my head or heart on it.

I've been in love before and the "getting to know him" stage was amazing. I was excited and we had a lot to talk about... I don't feel that with this new guy.

We've already claimed we are bf and gf, doesn't feel like it. I sound awful and disgusting to feel this way about someone but it feels like I'm still trying to figure out my feelings and give it more time to get better.

I understand that sometimes someone can tick all the boxes but the one thing that's missing is chemistry/connection/interests.

I feel like if we broke up that it wouldn't matter. He's going away for three weeks and I'm kind of glad in a weird way.

I just feel like there's a guy out there waiting for me and I am waiting for him. The excitement. adventure, thrills....... I don't know this, this is so hard to explain.

What do I do if he's perfect but I'm confused?!
Original post by gamerchic
So as my previous post states, I've been seeing someone for about a month and we've been hanging out and spending time together.

He's a great guy... acts polite, pays for me, never flakes on me. Everything is perfect but there is just ONE THING that is missing and I can't put my head or heart on it.

I've been in love before and the "getting to know him" stage was amazing. I was excited and we had a lot to talk about... I don't feel that with this new guy.

We've already claimed we are bf and gf, doesn't feel like it. I sound awful and disgusting to feel this way about someone but it feels like I'm still trying to figure out my feelings and give it more time to get better.

I understand that sometimes someone can tick all the boxes but the one thing that's missing is chemistry/connection/interests.

I feel like if we broke up that it wouldn't matter. He's going away for three weeks and I'm kind of glad in a weird way.

I just feel like there's a guy out there waiting for me and I am waiting for him. The excitement. adventure, thrills....... I don't know this, this is so hard to explain.

What do I do if he's perfect but I'm confused?!

I don't get your issue.
If you aren't happy being with him break it off before he gets in too deep
Do it politely and explain exactly how you feel
Tbh you might not meet another person like your ex so you might be just throwing someone good away
Just break up then. You can't force desire and attraction.
Reply 3
Original post by Maths (2^2) Life
I don't get your issue.
If you aren't happy being with him break it off before he gets in too deep
Do it politely and explain exactly how you feel
Tbh you might not meet another person like your ex so you might be just throwing someone good away

It doesn't feel like he's in it too deep. It just seems like he's bored and with me because he is bored. I don't know. He's great but it's not exciting. What I look for in a guy is spontaneity and character and charisma. He's just relaxed and always busy for work. I'm starting uni soon and will be busier than ever. I'm spending my time travelling too. I told him we can do this and that and whatever just adventurous stuff but he said he doesn't get a day off ever - which he doesn't. He is a good guy and I really appreciate him as a person but it's not working for me in a sense there are things missing between us that couples usually have. like..... asking the detailed questions about my life, what music I'm into, planning things together. There's none of that here. I also feel like if I meet someone new that I'd 100% leave him for the new guy.
It doesn't feel like he's in it too deep. It just seems like he's bored and with me because he is bored. I don't know. He's great but it's not exciting. What I look for in a guy is spontaneity and character and charisma. He's just relaxed and always busy for work. I'm starting uni soon and will be busier than ever. I'm spending my time travelling too. I told him we can do this and that and whatever just adventurous stuff but he said he doesn't get a day off ever - which he doesn't. He is a good guy and I really appreciate him as a person but it's not working for me in a sense there are things missing between us that couples usually have. like..... asking the detailed questions about my life, what music I'm into, planning things together. There's none of that here. I also feel like if I meet someone new that I'd 100% leave him for the new guy.

if he isnt the guy for, hes in the guy for you. Maybe you should break up with but you should discuss how you are feeling right now with him.
Reply 5
if he isnt the guy for, hes in the guy for you. Maybe you should break up with but you should discuss how you are feeling right now with him.

Broke it off with him, and he didn't seem bothered. So I'm moving on
Broke it off with him, and he didn't seem bothered. So I'm moving on

Time for me to make my move :tongue:
Haha just kidding, that's good if you're happy with your decision and hope you let him down easily :redface:
Reply 7
Time for me to make my move :tongue:
Haha just kidding, that's good if you're happy with your decision and hope you let him down easily :redface:

We're back together again. Whoops. I was just being emotional I suppose and turns out I do like him a lot. He's a good guy and takes care of me so I want to give it a shot :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending