The Student Room Group

Are girls intimidated/feel isnecure of their bodies when dating very athletic guys?

I've been wondering whether girls can be somewhat intimidated or feel insecure of their bodies when dating very athletic or muscular guys?

It wasn't something I used to think about but then some time ago I had this date that made me think about it. For context I am very into weight training, and quite large/muscular and when talking about or hobbies it obviously came up in conversation.

A bit later when I was asking her out again, she started going on about how she is comfortable with her body and doesn't see the need to be super skinny (as well as other reasons why she would rather not have a 2nd date). I was totally weirded out by this because at no point did I make any comment about her body (at least not by my interpretation).

It got me thinking however: when a girl goes out with a guy who is clearly very into training, do they feel insecure or self conscious in some ways, perhaps thinking something along the lines of that if the guy is so into training, then they might expect their partners to be very fit as well?

For me I'm not really bothered at all but just wondering whether this is a thing.
Original post by snakesnake
I've been wondering whether girls can be somewhat intimidated or feel insecure of their bodies when dating very athletic or muscular guys?

It wasn't something I used to think about but then some time ago I had this date that made me think about it. For context I am very into weight training, and quite large/muscular and when talking about or hobbies it obviously came up in conversation.

A bit later when I was asking her out again, she started going on about how she is comfortable with her body and doesn't see the need to be super skinny (as well as other reasons why she would rather not have a 2nd date). I was totally weirded out by this because at no point did I make any comment about her body (at least not by my interpretation).

It got me thinking however: when a girl goes out with a guy who is clearly very into training, do they feel insecure or self conscious in some ways, perhaps thinking something along the lines of that if the guy is so into training, then they might expect their partners to be very fit as well?

For me I'm not really bothered at all but just wondering whether this is a thing.

Be sure too give them very great complements, even if they arent bringing it up the conversation and some females even feel more uncomfortable if your to into yourself and your body so try and focus on her more, change the convo into something different
If she has an athletic body too she wont tend to be intimidated. You often find it more the other way around if a women has an athletic body guys might feel less masculine around her etc.
Yes lol. My last gf got drunk and cried multiple times cus she thought she was too fat for me and I'd leave her cus I was pretty athletic at the time lol.
Hahahaha yes I am. Coz I think, "Why are they with someone chubby?"
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
If she has an athletic body too she wont tend to be intimidated. You often find it more the other way around if a women has an athletic body guys might feel less masculine around her etc.

Don't think this is the case, tbh us guys couldn't really give two pence if she looks really fit or not. We will say she's above our league but we'll still have pride at the end of the day.

I find them more attractive - shame there aren't so many about, and when you hit the gym they think you are a perv. :frown:
Original post by Dnkz7
Don't think this is the case, tbh us guys couldn't really give two pence if she looks really fit or not. We will say she's above our league but we'll still have pride at the end of the day.

I find them more attractive - shame there aren't so many about, and when you hit the gym they think you are a perv. :frown:

What if she was stronger than you or could beat you at an arm wrestle tho :tongue: I did more pull ups than a guy once and he said to someone when he thought i couldnt hear 'im sure shes a man in a womans body'. Didnt make sense could have meant anything but it was after the pullups lol. Guys just always say its technique too.

Im sure they wont think you are a perv if you are going to the gym to exercise to. Sports clubs are brill places to meet physically fit girls if thats what you want.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
What if she was stronger than you or could beat you at an arm wrestle tho :tongue: I did more pull ups than a guy once and he said to someone when he thought i couldnt hear 'im sure shes a man in a womans body'. Didnt make sense could have meant anything but it was after the pullups lol. Guys just always say its technique too.

Im sure they wont think you are a perv if you are going to the gym to exercise to. Sports clubs are brill places to meet physically fit girls if thats what you want.

Nah im impressed... dm me and we can talk more.
I'm a confident guy around the girls, love the ones that can look after their selves and can go for a jog with me. Gym aint the right place tho - gotta stay motivated for work outs.

TBH I have never used a gym in my life an I look in pretty good shape
Reply 8
delete -its a duplicate.
Reply 9
I've never dated that kind of guys but if I did I think It'd depend on the guy's attitude. I'm thin but not "toned" because I had an injury and had to stop working out for more than 10 months so I don't look fit, and if an athletic guy told me I needed to go to the gym I would probably cry and tell him to **** off lol, but if he wasn't trying to act superior and gave me compliments, I wouldn't feel insecure.
He'd be useful to use as a free personal trainer because when I go to a gym I never really know what work outs to be doing to target what or how to correctly use some of the equipment
Well yeah, I've been talking to this guy a while and hes a personal trainer. I on the other hand Couldn't bother running for the bus if it was a 2 second run. Its usually not about you commenting on her weight im sure you're not the problem. I mean in my case the guy is nice and in my books he is way out of my league and he maybe thinking about where our current status is going in the now, but usually us women think about things in the long run and tbh i couldn't feel secure if my partner was fit and in shape whilst i looked like a lump of fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
It gets them wet. ooo healthy genes...

Better let him shoot one up in me so that I can have healthy children.

Those are their subconscious thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending