The Student Room Group

Found out my boyfriend wanted to reconcile with his ex

My boyfriend and I have been together. Just before we got together he tried to reconcile with his ex and it didn't work out.

They were broken up for a year and a half, didn't speak at all. I'm afraid he will go back to her, if she speaks to him or make any noise to him. I've seen signs too 😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together. Just before we got together he tried to reconcile with his ex and it didn't work out.

They were broken up for a year and a half, didn't speak at all. I'm afraid he will go back to her, if she speaks to him or make any noise to him. I've seen signs too 😭

What signs have you seen?

Give specific indicators which suggests he may go back to her.
Reply 2
Original post by ThisIsReal
What signs have you seen?

Give specific indicators which suggests he may go back to her.

He always crops me out of his pictures despite his sister and cousin knowing about us. He also tried to make her jealous. I think he wants a reaction out of her
He always crops me out of his pictures despite his sister and cousin knowing about us. He also tried to make her jealous. I think he wants a reaction out of her

It's perfectly possible. I've seen it done many times.

It's a sticky trick situation.

Cropping pictures doesn't suggest he is trying to get back with his ex, especially if she already knows you are together. Wouldn't think too much of that.

Sorry I am going to need more. Even if they sound crazy, I know you have more.

Spill it.

I won;t ask again, what other indicators suggest he may get back with her?
Reply 4

Cropping pictures doesn't suggest he is trying to get back with his ex, especially if she already knows you are together. Wouldn't think too much of that.

Spill it.

The main one is he didn't choose to break up with her, his family didn't approve of her so he dumped her and got with me.
Reply 5

Spill it.

He also wanted to reconcile with her after 18 months despite being in a relationship (not with me)
Reply 6
He was also on tinder despite being in a relationship
He also wanted to reconcile with her after 18 months despite being in a relationship (not with me)

Ok, you need to confront him.

I can't say anymore than that.

Do you love him?
Reply 8
Ok, you need to confront him.

I can't say anymore than that.

Do you love him?

Yes, but I dong think he loves me. Do you think he still loves his ex?
Yes, but I dong think he loves me. Do you think he still loves his ex?

You have fallen for a self-indulgent jackass.

I can;t help you.

Your relationship will not last long.
then get out. You are he rebound relationship. Rebounds are a disaster waiting to happen

I can;t help you.

Take that as a yes then.

Thanks for trying to help anyway :frown:
then get out. You are he rebound relationship. Rebounds are a disaster waiting to happen

Sorry to sound stupid, but what's a rebound relationship?
Sorry to sound stupid, but what's a rebound relationship?

Going from one relationship to the next right away to avoid the pain of a breakup.

Jumping into another relationship with someone else when you are clearly not over your ex

A lot of people do it but sadly these relationships aren't destined to last...

I can;t help you.

His cousin seems to show active friendship to his ex girlfriend aswell :frown:
The main one is he didn't choose to break up with her, his family didn't approve of her so he dumped her and got with me.

how long between when he tried to reconcile with her and you guys getting together? was he trying to reconcile with her whilst starting something up with you ? what exactly do you mean by trying to make her jealous ? Please be more specific so I can try and help
Original post by banoffeee
how long between when he tried to reconcile with her and you guys getting together? was he trying to reconcile with her whilst starting something up with you ? what exactly do you mean by trying to make her jealous ? Please be more specific so I can try and help

He tried to reconcile with her after 18 months, he had a girlfriend (not me) for around 15/16 months.

He hasn't tried to reconcile with her whilst he's with me but he's doing things, it raises suspicions for me. On top of all of this, his cousin is active friends with ex girlfriend he tried to reconcile with.
Original post by banoffeee

We've been together for nearly a year now
Going from one relationship to the next right away to avoid the pain of a breakup.

Jumping into another relationship with someone else when you are clearly not over your ex

A lot of people do it but sadly these relationships aren't destined to last...

Oh okay, so you think he's not moved on then
He tried to reconcile with her after 18 months, he had a girlfriend (not me) for around 15/16 months.

He hasn't tried to reconcile with her whilst he's with me but he's doing things, it raises suspicions for me. On top of all of this, his cousin is active friends with ex girlfriend he tried to reconcile with.

So he had a girlfriend for about a year and a bit, but even after that tried to get back with this old girl? But after that he met you and there are no clear indicators of him trying to get back with her, as you haven't given any.

His cousin is active friends with the ex girlfriend, not him. Maybe her and his cousin just got on.

I'm sorry but you really haven't given any evidence of why you feel threatened by this girl? Maybe he was unsure about the girl, and wanted to give things another go... after a long time, but that doesn't mean anything really. He could have just been reminiscing and wanted to try again. The point is he went out with you. Why are you so unsure he's really into you? You have to give concrete reasons rather than paranoia. I'm sorry but cropping someone out of a photo or their cousin being friends with their ex, does not mean the person wants to get back with their ex or that they don't want a relationship with you or are ready to leave you.

The above posters have jumped to the conclusion you're a 'rebound' based on essentially no evidence at all. They don't even know you, your boyfriend, I don't get why they're being so hasty to confirm your ungrounded suspicions.

It would be more useful to actually know whether you feel happy in your relationship and whether you guys actually get on and are loving to one another? That would be a lot better indicator of where his head is... and yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending