The Student Room Group

Why do some guys act differently around their friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TSR, where people argue over the definition of the word 'teen'.
Reply 21
Original post by macromicro
University isn't for everyone.

Thank you very much for delighting me with your sense of humor once again. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by UWS

:rofl:
Original post by UWS

Lol. It's just Idk how many people here are international students who speak it as a second language, so may confuse them.
Reply 24
Original post by Abdukazam
Lol. It's just Idk how many people here are international students who speak it as a second language, so may confuse them.

I wasn't even strictly speaking about age, when calling someone who is twelve a teenager. The social experiences, learning, growing which are associated with being a teen often happen at or even before 12. Lol.
Original post by EC
I wasn't even strictly speaking about age, when calling someone who is twelve a teenager. The social experiences, learning, growing which are associated with being a teen often happen at or even before 12. Lol.

True, I know some people in their 40s who are basically children.

Besides, I prefer the term little brat to describe teens.
Original post by UWS

:rofl:
Title seems a little vague... Being rude to who also? As humans it is difficult to act the same 100% of the time. Your actions will change depending on the levels of respect and how comfortable you are amongst the people you are with.

I'd be a lot more playful with a girl I've known for a while in comparison to a girl I'm getting to know... As an example. It would also depend on the girl as well. It isn't just a male thing either it applies to everyone.
There is nothing wrong with acting differently around different people. Nobody is 1 dimensional. He is still him even if he acts differently in different situations.

I act differently around my friends compared to my Mrs. I act differently around my Gran, around my parents, around my in laws, around my boss, around my colleagues with everyone really. It is normal human social behaviour to adapt to your surrounds and mirror how others act. It helps us to get on with people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EC
Why so? They're young teens. Wth?

catalina are u 12? :laugh::laugh:
Reply 30
Original post by Angry Bird
catalina are u 12? :laugh::laugh:

Lmfao. Shut up. :cry:

I'm glad you still remember my name even after changing it.
Reply 31
Original post by saraxh
Title

Both genders are odd creatures.
Original post by Novascope
I only remember teenage boys doing this tbh, especially in school/college. Most of the time it's to impress their friends, they'll learn someday.

Like for the boobs.
Thats kinda true. In front of my friends im crazy and confident. At home you don't have the kind of freedom cause you don't go to your older brother and randomly drop him to the ground and run away. You'd simply just die.
They have weak personalities or low confidence. So they gotta conform to what they think impresses their male friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
They have weak personalities or low confidence. So they gotta conform to what they think impresses their male friends.

Really? woah
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Like for the boobs.

Pervert.
They don't want their masculinity hurt
Original post by saraxh
He's nice and kind around you but acts so rude when he's around his friends.

No, what guys do is act different around girls. Guys are usually themselves with their bros.
He's an ******* just pretending to care lol
Original post by saraxh
Really? woah

Ye even adults do it lol. It's the need to fit in and be part of a group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending