The Student Room Group

my teacher suddenly thinks dumb or something

My maths teacher usd to think I was the cleverest person in the class .she used to ask me are u okay and used to gibe me challenges. Now suddenly she acts as if I don't exist . She doesn't even look at me and gives the other girl all the challenges and doesn't give me any attention even wen I need help . She helps other ppl . She used to think I'm cleverest in the class. She used to give me challenges like. When we had Qs to do from. The board she asked everyone to start form the begging and she asked. me to start from the hard section . No she doesn't do that she doesn't even look at me she acts as if I don't exist. Andgives someone else all the challenges . Why would she suddenly change het attitude towards me I haven't done anything to offend her. As I'm quiet and also we just had a test and I got the highest as well?? Any ideas why this is happening

Scroll to see replies

But she could have said both of you do the challenge but why did she move from one student to another. And plus the test was ages ago so she probably forgot and plus she wants him to get an a * and thinks ill get a. B in my exams she thinks he will get an A* and ill get a B ??
You are sounding paranoid. You keep repeating yourself. Why does it matter? Why do you need her approval so much? You sound as though you are doing well and she has 29 others who need help?
I'm in my senior year now and I really liked it when I git approval from her . I'm in set 1 for maths
Original post by 999tigger
You are sounding paranoid. You keep repeating yourself. Why does it matter? Why do you need her approval so much? You sound as though you are doing well and she has 29 others who need help?

I know that she has 29 others that need help but I really liked getting her approval and my teacher used to give me challenges cause she thought I was cleverest student to do them in the class now he asks other person to do them
. Plus she used to give me the approval at the same time as helping others and gives me feedback and now she does that to another student. It makes me feel dumb and what are my choices be best at being clever or being second best and I wanna be the best
Original post by randomgirl995
I know that she has 29 others that need help but I really liked getting her approval and my teacher used to give me challenges cause she thought I was cleverest student to do them in the class now he asks other person to do them
. Plus she used to give me the approval at the same time as helping others and gives me feedback and now she does that to another student. It makes me feel dumb and what are my choices be best at being clever or being second best and I wanna be the best

Well tough. She doesn't work for just you and the classroom does not revolve around you.

I understand that it is nice to get approval. But you can't constantly expect it. The real word does not work like that. And if you can't handle this one teacher not always giving you approval and her full attention ...then I'm sorry to say it you won't be able to handle much in life. You need to find a way to get past this because seriously it does not remotely matter.

Being the best is not the most important thing in the world, and even if you are the best in that classroom you are going to have a very rude awakening once you finish school and if you go to university and in jobs when you realise you are not the best, there are millions more people in your shoes and you simply cannot always be the best. Your mind set is unhealthy.
My maths teacher usd to think I was the cleverest person in the class .she used to ask me are u okay and used to gibe me challenges. Now suddenly she acts as if I don't exist . She doesn't even look at me and gives the other girl all the challenges and doesn't give me any attention even wen I need help . She helps other ppl . She used to think I'm cleverest in the class. She used to give me challenges like. When we had Qs to do from. The board she asked everyone to start form the begging and she asked. me to start from the hard section . No she doesn't do that she doesn't even look at me she acts as if I don't exist. Andgives someone else all the challenges . Why would she suddenly change het attitude towards me I haven't done anything to offend her. As I'm quiet and also we just had a test and I got the highest as well?? Any ideas why this is happening

Eh, probably needs to help other. Anyway you're absolutely fine getting top marks so what more is there to do besides extra reading or staying on the top?

Why no go to head of maths and ask if there are any additional studies you can do for bright children. Maybe take your GCSE or A level a year learly or do additional math classes? Why not just be happy in yourself that you know you get the right answer and not rely on others what you should already know? If she gives the individual attention ,w hen you dont really need it then other people will miss out.
Why no go to head of maths and ask if there are any additional studies you can do for bright children. Maybe take your GCSE or A level a year learly or do additional math classes? Why not just be happy in yourself that you know you get the right answer and not rely on others what you should already know? If she gives the individual attention ,w hen you dont really need it then other people will miss out.

Me and the other student were always in competition. The teacher always used to tell us that one of us needs to get at the top.she told me that I was already at the top . She then goes to the other student that you HAVE to be the best. Now its like the other student has beaten me and she gives them all hw attention . She acts like the other student os the cleverest now
Me and the other student were always in competition. The teacher always used to tell us that one of us needs to get at the top.she told me that I was already at the top . She then goes to the other student that you HAVE to be the best. Now its like the other student has beaten me and she gives them all hw attention . She acts like the other student os the cleverest now

Honestly it wouldnt matter one jot to me, especually if I was going to get an A* anyway. You sound paranoid and attention seeking.

Why no channel your exceptional ability and join maths club or do extra assignments? Its unhealthy to need so much attention imo.

YOU DON'T NEED YOUR TEACHER TO PROVE TO YOU HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT MATHS! Especially since you have got the highest score, maybe she thinks you don't need help and can do it on your own...
Btw most teachers are biased towards students that they like anyway lol...:tongue:
Honestly it wouldnt matter one jot to me, especually if I was going to get an A* anyway. You sound paranoid and attention seeking.

Why no channel your exceptional ability and join maths club or do extra assignments? Its unhealthy to need so much attention imo.

I'm not attention seeking I just want them to think I'm clever and I don't like it if someone else has all the reputation of being clever . It doesn't make me feel good knowing that my teacher doesn't think I'm clever I'm sure I'm not tie only one that hates it
Original post by sunshine774
YOU DON'T NEED YOUR TEACHER TO PROVE TO YOU HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT MATHS! Especially since you have got the highest score, maybe she thinks you don't need help and can do it on your own...
Btw most teachers are biased towards students that they like anyway lol...:tongue:

Look idk wether you would want your teachers to appreciate your hard work but I do. I just want her to see how clever I am and not act like I don't even exist. He literally asks the whole class questions during the lesson except me . He just acts like I'm not even there . I want him to appreciate my hard work not just the other persons work
I'm not attention seeking I just want them to think I'm clever and I don't like it if someone else has all the reputation of being clever . It doesn't make me feel good knowing that my teacher doesn't think I'm clever I'm sure I'm not tie only one that hates it

Will have to disagree.

If you wnat them to think you are clever then do soemthing experional wit your ability and never get anything wrong again. Why cant you both be clever?

Which country are you in? Isnt there some advance maths academy/ society you can join? have you talked to the head of maths about it?
Look idk wether you would want your teachers to appreciate your hard work but I do. I just want her to see how clever I am and not act like I don't even exist. He literally asks the whole class questions during the lesson except me . He just acts like I'm not even there . I want him to appreciate my hard work not just the other persons work

You don't need them to appreciate how clever you are- with one of the highest marks you obviously ARE clever! The best way you can show them you are clever is by smashing your GCSE's/ A levels!:smile:
Why would they think you were stupid with one of the highest marks anyway?!:s-smilie:
Will have to disagree.

If you wnat them to think you are clever then do soemthing experional wit your ability and never get anything wrong again. Why cant you both be clever?

Which country are you in? Isnt there some advance maths academy/ society you can join? have you talked to the head of maths about it?

I'm in the uk and I'm only 16
Original post by sunshine774
You don't need them to appreciate how clever you are- with one of the highest marks you obviously ARE clever! The best way you can show them you are clever is by smashing your GCSE's/ A levels!:smile:
Why would they think you were stupid with one of the highest marks anyway?!:s-smilie:

IDK why with the highest marks she would think I'm dumb but she doesn't give me ay challenges and ( read my description) doesn't tell me to start from the hard questions she asks the other person to do it and I have to start from the easiest questions
IDK why with the highest marks she would think I'm dumb but she doesn't give me ay challenges and ( read my description) doesn't tell me to start from the hard questions she asks the other person to do it and I have to start from the easiest questions

You're in college, just do what you feel challenges you. If she says anything, say that you're doing stuff that challenges you.
Will have to disagree.

Sorry tigger, but i have to disagree with this post, advanced maths isn't about not 'getting anything wrong', it is about learning from your mistakes, and improving your knowledge base, even when you haven't made any imho!
Original post by thatswrong.
You're in college, just do what you feel challenges you. If she says anything, say that you're doing stuff that challenges you.

I'm not in college yet, I'm.in my senior years and if he doesn't think that I stupid thenwhy has his behaviour towards me changed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending