The Student Room Group

Do guys like it when girls help them?

Like if a girl helps you a lot. Like cares for you. Makes sure you remember things and helps you with work. But she nags you to do better. Would you like her, or see her as clingy/annoying?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a guy but I'd like a girl like that
Original post by Anonymous
Like if a girl helps you a lot. Like cares for you. Makes sure you remember things and helps you with work. But she nags you to do better. Would you like her, or see her as clingy/annoying?

Depends on each guy and how much the girl nags. If she helps me and shows she cares for me I will definitely appreciate her trying to spend time with me, it is sweet. :love:

If she nags too much too often then I'll just tell her to back off one way or another.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
This is one of those, "it depends on the guy".

Coz if you help me I won't find you clingy
HOWEVER the "You can do better" comment :colonhash:
especially more than once it would become annoying

Most likely my reply would be "Okay mom" :blush:
I couldn't bear it. I've been in this situation where it is apparent that my girlfriend is seeing me as an investment and wanting me to 'get on'. No thanks, missus; I'd sooner read my book.
Pussies maybe. Not real men.
Reply 6
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Pussies maybe. Not real men.

So you're saying guys dislike when girls care about them and want to see them do better?
Reply 7
I thought you were referring to coursework.
No
So you're saying guys dislike when girls care about them and want to see them do better?

They may not show it, but yes. Pride always comes into it and it's real.
Original post by UWS
I thought you were referring to coursework.

Yes I was referring to coursework :rofl:
Nagging isn't helping.
No. Had so many great female friends offer me things like clothes and food and a room or electronics, had girl mates offer me laptops, phones, tellies... and I refused. Hurt me in the end not having those things sure lol but I refused still. I'd rather get me own or go without tbh. If a lad helps me out its like brotherly, a female seems Idk emasculating or flirtatious and it's not sexy to ask a girl for **** so. I dont flirt that way.

They arent all the same. Some will some will not.
Some wont mind being mothered, some will hate it.
Most will not like to be nagged. Bad move.
Id leave the work ro them unless they ask for help. You cna offer but dont push.
I would nip it in the bud before it got annoying.
Reply 14
Original post by 0to100
No. Had so many great female friends offer me things like clothes and food and a room or electronics, had girl mates offer me laptops, phones, tellies... and I refused. Hurt me in the end not having those things sure lol but I refused still. I'd rather get me own or go without tbh. If a lad helps me out its like brotherly, a female seems Idk emasculating or flirtatious and it's not sexy to ask a girl for **** so. I dont flirt that way.

What sane person denies food?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

With this attitude your mum's gonna be calling you fat in no time.
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

This guy. Did you read the part about emasculation? Do you know what the word means.

Original post by FranktheYank
With this attitude your mum's gonna be calling you fat in no time.

Is robml chubby?
Reply 17
Original post by 0to100
This guy. Did you read the part about emasculation? Do you know what the word means.

Is robml chubby?

But food

Posted from TSR Mobile

sometimes Ive had girls cook for me if I'm already over and they're being hospitable, but if we're walking and talking and she says, "wanna grab a bite? I'll pay" something like that. I WILL say no. Or when I say I'm hungry and she pity buys me food I say thx no thx.

I'm a girl but I've been in a situation when the guys nags all day, can't stand it! I don't like being constantly criticised because it kills the relationship. I like encouragement and things like 'you can do it, I have faith in you' works for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending