The Student Room Group

Lump on skin after popping spot - tattoo in 2 weeks!!

Hello. I went camping about a week ago. I came back to find a nice big spot on my back - the type with a big white head on the top, waiting to be popped. It was really painful to lay on, so o went ahead and popped while keeping everything as sterile as possible. I squeezed until the white was gone, and only blood came out. I then cleaned it, put some sudocrem on it and left it. After about an hour, I wiped away the sudocrem and the blood and pus which was oozing out. I then put on a thin layer of sudocrem, a plaster on the wound, and went to sleep. A few days later, skin has formed over the area. However, there's now a lump which has a red area (sort of like a red spot under the skin). Is this just healing? I have a back tattoo in two weeks, and I'm really worried. What should I do?!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. I went camping about a week ago. I came back to find a nice big spot on my back - the type with a big white head on the top, waiting to be popped. It was really painful to lay on, so o went ahead and popped while keeping everything as sterile as possible. I squeezed until the white was gone, and only blood came out. I then cleaned it, put some sudocrem on it and left it. After about an hour, I wiped away the sudocrem and the blood and pus which was oozing out. I then put on a thin layer of sudocrem, a plaster on the wound, and went to sleep. A few days later, skin has formed over the area. However, there's now a lump which has a red area (sort of like a red spot under the skin). Is this just healing? I have a back tattoo in two weeks, and I'm really worried. What should I do?!

Why you worrying? The tattoos are meant to cover it, and if they ain't, you can just ask the boss man to do it as an extra.

It's not like the experts haven't seen badly taken care of skin.

Now that i re-read it. I think it's best if you just cancel the appointment for the sake of any unnecessary pain you'll receive due to that spot.
Reply 3
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Now that i re-read it. I think it's best if you just cancel the appointment for the sake of any unnecessary pain you'll receive due to that spot.

My concern is actually more along the lines that it could be a forming cyst, which might just enlarge as time goes on, then getting it removed might harm the tattoo.

But sure, be an ass.
Maybe your first port of call should be getting this lump checked out?
Reply 5
Maybe your first port of call should be getting this lump checked out?

A gp?

It's localised at the area of the spot, so I'm wondering if folks know if it's an infection or just a healing spot.
Reply 6

Sounds like it's just the spot healing. Should be gone before your tattoo appt.
Keep putting sudocrem or germoline on it, try not to poke or prod at it and if it hasn't improved i a few days pop into a pharmacy and ask for advice.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 7
This isn't a big matter today. Why are you worrying about this? There has some possible treatment which will help you to recover as early as possible. For me, I have suffered from this same issue. And after doing some good treatment I am recovered now. Here is a good article you can try https://skintagsremoving.com/small-hard-soft-painful-lump-near-or-on-knuckle-on-hand-finger-big-toe/ This will help to remove all kinds of small, hard, soft, painful lumps.

Hope you'll recover soon. All the best

Quick Reply

Latest