The Student Room Group

When everyone else has plans /a goal they aim to reach but you don't

Hi TSR

I find it weird how everyone has their life planned out. I mean I used to have a goal to become a paramedic but I have no idea if I can make it and the goal seems so far to reach since I'm only in year 12 (first year of sixth form).
I feel that at the moment this goal is pointless if I can barely cope with sixth form how could I possibly be suitable enough to save lives and get through.
I was told that after sixth form - uni and life gets better / easier but I doubt this and don't really see a point to having my heart set on something which I may not achieve or see through to the end.
It seems you are in a better position than most your age. You have a goal in mind. So whilst you have some time why not work backwards and find out what you need to become a paramedic?

What course do you need to get that job?
Does it require a degree? If so whuch ones?
What A-levels do you need to get onto that course?

Good luck!
Original post by ByEeek
It seems you are in a better position than most your age. You have a goal in mind. So whilst you have some time why not work backwards and find out what you need to become a paramedic?

What course do you need to get that job?
Does it require a degree? If so whuch ones?
What A-levels do you need to get onto that course?

Good luck!

I understand what I need to do to achieve this but I have no idea if I can even pass first year of alevel to reach my goal. It feels almost out reach if I can barely do this year
Fare enough. So one step at a time. First goal. Pass first year of A-levels. How? Turn up. Do all homework. Study hard. Lots of exam practice.

And a pinch of luck! You clearly passed your GCSEs so I would say you have a track record!
Original post by ByEeek
Fare enough. So one step at a time. First goal. Pass first year of A-levels. How? Turn up. Do all homework. Study hard. Lots of exam practice.

And a pinch of luck! You clearly passed your GCSEs so I would say you have a track record!

Thanks for the advice - I want them to go well and I try my best I just hope it's good enough
Have u passed A-levels , if not how do/did u find them? :-)
Yes. I passed. A while ago though. When you get your results it is like being given a new hand of cards to play. You might get better cards or worse. But you will always be in the game.
Original post by ByEeek
Yes. I passed. A while ago though. When you get your results it is like being given a new hand of cards to play. You might get better cards or worse. But you will always be in the game.

That's a great way of putting it - I was kinda ready to give up but you've kinda changed my mind.
Thank you so much 😊( not joking)
I get into this mind set of targets ,exams and school crap but I see what u mean - besides I can't do any better than my best 😊
Original post by RED
besides I can't do any better than my best 😊

A good motto for life! You always have choices in life. They might not be desirable choices but you still have them. It is folks who have choices but choose not to take them that end up in a ditch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending