The Student Room Group

Feel so lonely and let down 😭

I haven’t spoken to my best and only friend for months because she’s made new friends and I have social anxiety so don’t be go out. I haven’t had a message from her since August and on Monday she messaged me and asked if I wanted to go out with just her on Wednesday. I said yes and I was so so happy. Wednesday came and she didn’t turn up and I haven’t heared off her. I don’t want to message her because I feel like I’m pestering her. I’m so disappointed because I was so excited because I knew then that she hadn’t forgotten me but now I feel like rubbish again. She is/was my only friend. I don’t have anyone else to talk to and we go to different college/ sixth form.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven’t spoken to my best and only friend for months because she’s made new friends and I have social anxiety so don’t be go out. I haven’t had a message from her since August and on Monday she messaged me and asked if I wanted to go out with just her on Wednesday. I said yes and I was so so happy. Wednesday came and she didn’t turn up and I haven’t heared off her. I don’t want to message her because I feel like I’m pestering her. I’m so disappointed because I was so excited because I knew then that she hadn’t forgotten me but now I feel like rubbish again. She is/was my only friend. I don’t have anyone else to talk to and we go to different college/ sixth form.

if you make plans and the person doesn't show up, the first thing you ask is why. its not pestering in the slightest-make some more plans
If youre feeling lonely but don't want to go out because your socially anxious why not change something in your life that doesn't revolve around talking to people- id recommend going to the gym, makes you feel 10x better when you start lifting-girl or boy.
yeh getting stood up sucks , there's nothing wrong with telling why she did it , who knows she might have a genuine reason , it's worth finding out these things cause then u can tell who your real friends are
Original post by angrypoliceman
if you make plans and the person doesn't show up, the first thing you ask is why. its not pestering in the slightest-make some more plans
If youre feeling lonely but don't want to go out because your socially anxious why not change something in your life that doesn't revolve around talking to people- id recommend going to the gym, makes you feel 10x better when you start lifting-girl or boy.

I second this. You deserve an explanation for why your friend didn't turn up. Regardless, nobody is going to take care of #1 (you) apart from yourself and this counts improving your mental and physical wellbeing. What better way than to join a gym or a class of sort? Push out of your comfort zone a little and see what the world has to offer x
Reply 4
I understand that you have social anxiety and how difficult this must be but you really need to go out and make more friends. You may see her as a best friend but she may not feel the same way (especially if she hangs out with her other mates).
You can't be this reliant on one person, especially when she doesn't seem to commit to the friendship in the same way you do. It may take a while but start by small steps. Things may change when you start work/uni where you may make friends.
Reply 5
——
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
I forgot to add that yeah we were best friends but since she had new friends she has been more focused on them. I have no problem with her having friends because I don’t want to hold her back because of my problems, that would make me a bad friend and I love her too much to not understand that she needs to do what is good for her. We were best friends for 5 years, we were in every class together for 5 years. She helped me so much through school and I’m so great full but it’s breaking my heart to lose her.
Reply 7
It is really hard for me to talk to people and it’s ruining my life. I would love to go to the gym and hopefully once I start driving next year I will be able to go as I can’t get to one at the moment. I love exercise though I just don’t have any opportunities at the moment.
Being alone is great. You get to live your life the way you want. Going to go see Blade Runner 2049 tomorrow in the cinema alone, and I can't wait.
Reply 9
And obviously were not best friends anymore 😩
Original post by Anonymous
And obviously were not best friends anymore 😩

how do you know? if she told you "we are no longer friends" then sure but you might be overreacting
I just don’t feel like she cares about me anymore
Awww that sounds painful to go through,she should'nt have done that, and at least explained why after. But you can make more friends, anyone can have a lot of friends if they are open and talkative enough. If you see yourself in a new and positive light, thats how others view you. i second going to the gym, works wonders for self confidence. xx you can pm me if you need!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending