The Student Room Group

My bf isn't planning to move in togethet

Hi everyone! I need your advice on whats going on in my life now
My bf and I been together for a year now, I'm 23 and he's about to turn 25 now. He's indian and I'm from North Russia. I love him endlessly and he does too showing me good respect and care.
But one thing that worries me so much is what he told me as how he sees his near future with me and his family. Now I am renting the place and he lives with his family: his mum and dad, uncle, brother and his gf. He's working and Im working too, graduated two years ago. Not long ago he told me that he and his family are looking for a house to buy so they want to move in together. Then he carried on saying that once they buy house and have it refurbished, he wants me to come there as a guest and that's what worried me slightly. I personally think that at my age I'm more than readthe to live with my bae plus I used to live with a guy in the past so I'm not scared of moving in together.
Please advise me what you would do in this situation and what I might be doing wrong? If you ever had situation like this please comment! Need your help😔😌
Thank you!!
Reply 1
Hey! I'm in no way experienced in this situation but it definitely sounds like he is edging towards getting you to move into his family home. I don't think you have anything really to worry about here, it seems you both just have different living ideals, maybe if you have a quick word with him and tell him you would rather find somewhere for just the two of you in time he will get the message. Either way, if you guys have a solid relationship, I'm sure there is nothing to stress about, it will all work itself out!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone! I need your advice on whats going on in my life now
My bf and I been together for a year now, I'm 23 and he's about to turn 25 now. He's indian and I'm from North Russia. I love him endlessly and he does too showing me good respect and care.
But one thing that worries me so much is what he told me as how he sees his near future with me and his family. Now I am renting the place and he lives with his family: his mum and dad, uncle, brother and his gf. He's working and Im working too, graduated two years ago. Not long ago he told me that he and his family are looking for a house to buy so they want to move in together. Then he carried on saying that once they buy house and have it refurbished, he wants me to come there as a guest and that's what worried me slightly. I personally think that at my age I'm more than readthe to live with my bae plus I used to live with a guy in the past so I'm not scared of moving in together.
Please advise me what you would do in this situation and what I might be doing wrong? If you ever had situation like this please comment! Need your help😔😌
Thank you!!

In Indian culture is it common for the children to stay with the parents well into and throughout their adult lives, and sometimes you get several generations living in the same house eg: child, parent, and grandparent

it looks like your Indian bf has no plans to flee the nest soon ....and is possibly planning on living with his parents permanetly

Spoiler

You are just going to have to talk to him and see where he's at and whether he will compromise. It may be that it hasn't even occurred to him that you wouldn't be happy with the set up and he will discuss a compromose or it might be that he's set in traditions and won't accept eh relationship being western and modern. Either way, once you know you will be able to make a decision as to whether you can lvie with it.
Reply 4
Original post by xoweeknd
Hey! I'm in no way experienced in this situation but it definitely sounds like he is edging towards getting you to move into his family home. I don't think you have anything really to worry about here, it seems you both just have different living ideals, maybe if you have a quick word with him and tell him you would rather find somewhere for just the two of you in time he will get the message. Either way, if you guys have a solid relationship, I'm sure there is nothing to stress about, it will all work itself out!

Thank you dear I really hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending