The Student Room Group

can i wear hijab and be pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D369
You shouldn't care about what others think. If you want to wear one, wear one. As long as you're happy, that is all that should matter.

Like this
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Nonsense. They don’t wear it because the girls are ugly, the hijab doesn’t make someone ugly, its purpose is to make them appear so, or at least hide and diminish attractiveness. You don’t need to wear the hijab to know what its purpose is or criticise it so don’t even try to use that card.

it's not there to make them appear ugly,it's there to conceal what may attract others. You make it seem as though they are wearing it because they are ugly...
But you never even researched anything about the hijab, you don't understand the true reason as to why one may wear one.You just make stupid statements and misguide others.
Original post by soIiIoquy
it's not there to make them appear ugly,it's there to conceal what may attract others. You make it seem as though they are wearing it because they are ugly...
But you never even researched anything about the hijab, you don't understand the true reason as to why one may wear one.You just make stupid statements and misguide others.

More nonsense, I hve already explained how that is not the case. I have nowhere said they wear it because they’re ugly. They wear it because its purpose is to render them unattractive and/or diminish any attractive qualities they may have.

Read my post properly instead of ridiculous stupid strawmen.

true dat true dat
More nonsense, I hve already explained how that is not the case. I have nowhere said they wear it because they’re ugly. They wear it because its purpose is to render them unattractive and/or diminish any attractive qualities they may have.

I did read it properly.

You said in your first post on this thread that the hijab was to hide one's "supposed beauty" thus implying that they're ugly.
I did read it properly.

You said in your first post on this thread that the hijab was to hide one's "supposed beauty" thus implying that they're ugly.

You clearly haven’t been reading my responses because I’ve already replied to this exact point. No, I was implying they’re average-looking, like most people. Saying someone isn’t beautiful doesn’t automatically mean they’re ugly, beauty doesn’t exist on a simple beautiful/ugly scale.
You clearly haven’t been reading my responses because I’ve already replied to this exact point. No, I was implying they’re average-looking, like most people. Saying someone isn’t beautiful doesn’t automatically mean they’re ugly, beauty doesn’t exist on a simple beautiful/ugly scale.

what may be average-looking to you may be completely different to someone else.
what may be average-looking to you may be completely different to someone else.

How is this relevant? It’s obvious reality that most people are neither supermodels nor hideously ugly.
Of course, if you were a hijab you would look beautiful that's one of the beuaties of it. Tbh it'll only be a turnoff for the guy if he's personally not attracted to you. ?
Original post by Anonymous
that wasnt my question. will people still think i am attractive?
How is this relevant? It’s obvious reality that most people are neither supermodels nor hideously ugly.

Whatever you say...

All I'm saying is, don't make the woman/girl feel bad for wearing it. I'm sure there were better ways to word your first post in this thread, because to me, as a hijab-wearer, I wasn't happy about the way you put that out there and I know that's not the purpose of the hijab.
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

Source? Beautification is not forbidden in Islam.
Whatever you say...

All I'm saying is, don't make the woman/girl feel bad for wearing it. I'm sure there were better ways to word your first post in this thread, because to me, as a hijab-wearer, I wasn't happy about the way you put that out there and I know that's not the purpose of the hijab.

What? I’m not making or trying to make anyone feel bad for wearing it, merely describing what the general purpose of it is supposed to be.
I thought dating was haram?

It is
What? I’m not making or trying to make anyone feel bad for wearing it, merely describing what the general purpose of it is supposed to be.

That may be your intention, but from my perspective and probably others', it makes me/others feel bad for wearing it.

That isn't the general purpose. You should do your research before posting on these types of threads.
So a woman can’t be modest without wearing the hijab?

Modesty is subjective. So whilst one might think the Hijab/Niqab is the only way to be modest others can disagree.

OP - A girl in Hijab can look just as beautiful as a girl not wearing one, depending on how beautiful they actually are naturally. Hijab suggests as much as a scarf worn with dresses in the 30s did to a persons beauty imo. If you're beautiful you'll still look good wearing it if youre ugly you'd still look ugly wearing it.

Sexiness though you can't pull off wearing a hijab and the burqa coverings with it, at least I haven't seen any.
That may be your intention, but from my perspective and probably others', it makes me/others feel bad for wearing it.

That isn't the general purpose. You should do your research before posting on these types of threads.

Rather than say people are wrong, explain to them why they are wrong. If that isn't its origin, what is?

Simply dismissing something as wrong might mean you're simply lazy, but more often than not it means you are incapable of refuting it.

That is absolutely true. That's the purpose of the Hijab post-Islamic Arabia. However before Muhammads religion was spread Hijab and Niqab still existed but they were for practical purposes of shielding themselves from the scorching heat of the sun rather than any religiouly guided moral reasons.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Rather than say people are wrong, explain to them why they are wrong. If that isn't its origin, what is?

Simply dismissing something as wrong might mean you're simply lazy, but more often than not it means you are incapable of refuting it.

No, I personally didn't like the way he worded it and it made me feel bad for wearing it.

The purpose of the hijab is to conceal those parts that one may feel attracted to by. Wearing the hijab doesn't make someone look ugly. Neither is it to cover their "ugliness" but in fact it is a way to gain respect from others, and being seen for a woman's mind not for their appearance.

I am not responsible for you extracting a meaning from something that clearly wasn’t there. Yes it is, the general purpose of the hijab is to hide and lessen a woman’s attractiveness. You need to do your research if you think otherwise.
I am not responsible for you extracting a meaning from something that clearly wasn’t there. Yes it is, the general purpose of the hijab is to hide and lessen a woman’s attractiveness. You need to do your research if you think otherwise.

I'm sure majority of hijab-wearers felt the same way after reading your response.

I've done my research, don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending