The Student Room Group

Who has asthma and what affects you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a_d2010
Nah fam allow flu jabs, their ****

Well I got a nasal one all I had to do was breath in simple
I would honestly say get one it’s not worth catching flu especially with asthma could end up in hospital with flu and asthma
Original post by Foreverconfu
I’m on a blue inhaler and a white one
Also tablets for it
What affects you makes you out of Breath
I hate having asthma feels like such a burden
Would like to know what/ how other people coupe

I have a brown and a blue inhaler. my asthma is more seasonal so when the season changes my asthma flares up. usually more In the winter with the cold
Original post by Bethanx141
I have a brown and a blue inhaler. my asthma is more seasonal so when the season changes my asthma flares up. usually more In the winter with the cold

I find it interesting that everyone’s flares up in winter think it’s because the air is damp and cold air is a shock to the system itself
Reply 23
I used to exercise a lot and actually get involved in sports more than those who didn’t have asthma 🙃
I never had a problem with exercising etc I used to enjoy it and made me feel better.
Original post by h333
I used to exercise a lot and actually get involved in sports more than those who didn’t have asthma 🙃
I never had a problem with exercising etc I used to enjoy it and made me feel better.

There are different severity’s of asthma yours sounds quite mild however people can built up tolerances to certain things like i said excising can strengthen the lungs
JUST ANOTHER QUESTION who’s else has asthma and an existing allergy so find most people who have asthma have this as well as an allergy I myself have a nut allergy
Original post by a_d2010
ahh, same but only in intense workouts do I get out of breath, especially in HIIT training :h:

You saying a hard set of 20-rep squats done properly isn't intense :rofl:
My asthma is really mild. I used to do loads of sports and it wouldn't really affect me at all. I have the blue and brown inhalers.

Also, mine flares up with dust, and hayfever, and when I have milk. :tongue:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You saying a hard set of 20-rep squats done properly isn't intense :rofl:

Depends bruv, how heavy are the weights you use?
Original post by flyingpanda
My asthma is really mild. I used to do loads of sports and it wouldn't really affect me at all. I have the blue and brown inhalers.

Also, mine flares up with dust, and hayfever, and when I have milk. :tongue:

Mines bad with dust too it makes me sneeze then I get wheezy
I'm on blue and a pink and white one twice a day.

I get it if it's too cold or too hot. Annoying. I also get it with certain smells. Actually, it seems that anything that smells is a trigger. I've even had triggers from the small of face wash. :s-smilie: Cigarette smoke is a trigger too.

I was told it was exercise induced. But exercise does help.
yeah I have a brown preventor and blue reliever

cold weather it worse and I also find it's worse if I'm tired or sick

exercise is the main trigger
Original post by Tiger Rag
I'm on blue and a pink and white one twice a day.

I get it if it's too cold or too hot. Annoying. I also get it with certain smells. Actually, it seems that anything that smells is a trigger. I've even had triggers from the small of face wash. :s-smilie: Cigarette smoke is a trigger too.

I was told it was exercise induced. But exercise does help.

I have exercise induced asthma too but was told the more exercise you do the better. Think the idea is that if walking is the most you ever do then it's pretty easy to do something strenuous enough to induce an attack... if running a marathon is 'normal' for you then it's going to take a lot of get you out of breath etc.
Don’t have any allergies but had excema as a child. have 4 inhalers, symbicort, atrovent oxis and reliever.
and montelukast tablets
What sets me off?
Cold air, hot air, deodorant, perfume, most strong smells. Exercise
Reply 34
There are different severity’s of asthma yours sounds quite mild however people can built up tolerances to certain things like i said excising can strengthen the lungs

Yh that’s true. At the start, it was not that mild but with time it did get mild. Then the doctors said I don’t need inhalers anymore or need to come in for check ups, so haven’t had any inhalers since.
I've had asthma all of my life and I genuinely forget about it. I am in such a habit of taking my inhalers in auto pilot. It barely affects me now because I manage it and have the strongest inhalers. I still get days/nights where I'll randomly get a tight chest and need my inhaler but on the whole, it doesn't bother me too much and I have other health conditions which take my mind off it. :redface:

Also tablets for it
Also tablets for it

The cold really affects my asthma. My breathing is really affected in the night I don't feel right when I sleep and I snore really bad because of it. Also I have a blue and brown inhaler.
Also tablets for it

I literally hate my asthma. Got diagnosed with it almost a year ago. It's mainly sudden changes in weather, dust (colds) and sports that affects me. But the doctors think one of the main causes as to why I developed asthma was because of tonsillitis. Mann I hate tonsillitis too. Had it about 14 times last year and ever since I've had a blocked nose and a cold for practically every day of this year. I'm due for a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy soon so hopefully that'll sort things out! :smile:)
Original post by DuckLion
I have a blue inhaler, and a horribly sickly-sweet-tasting brown one that's supposed to be preventative, if I ever remembered to take it...

Cold air is my main trigger, so I'm not looking forward to the next few months. Sometimes my breathing gets bad enough that I'll get out of breath from just sitting down- which makes walking anywhere or going outside a nuisance. Pollen and dust tend to aggravate my asthma as well, if to a lesser extent.

I really want to try and improve my health though- I've been eyeing up a few blacksmithing classes for the past year, and I want to be fit enough to try one without hacking up a lung.

I'm exactly the same! Except for the blacksmithing thing.😂
Reply 39
I have asthma and I forgot to take me brown inhaler all the time but recently I have been getting the effects from not taking it and my doctor has said I could die if I carry on. But it is different for others
Original post by cari_jones1
I'm exactly the same! Except for the blacksmithing thing.😂

Quick Reply

Latest