The Student Room Group

I don't have any friends at University.

I'm in year 2 (3rd semester) now, and I am having a lot of trouble seeing other people at other schools on my social media always hanging out. I'm not hard to get a long with; I don't have a hard time getting along with people, but I'm in an Arts university and we don't really have "dorms" and spaces for clubs and extracurriculars (commuter school). That makes meeting people extremely hard, and everyone here is really introverted and not the type I would hang out with since everyone does a lot of drugs and is into hippie culture.

It's making my depression even harder to deal with, and I want to transfer out but I can't. I feel so so so stuck, all I do is go to class and go home directly after since we don't really have a proper common working area to hang out at.
Reply 1
Original post by welpok314
I'm in year 2 (3rd semester) now, and I am having a lot of trouble seeing other people at other schools on my social media always hanging out. I'm not hard to get a long with; I don't have a hard time getting along with people, but I'm in an Arts university and we don't really have "dorms" and spaces for clubs and extracurriculars (commuter school). That makes meeting people extremely hard, and everyone here is really introverted and not the type I would hang out with since everyone does a lot of drugs and is into hippie culture.

It's making my depression even harder to deal with, and I want to transfer out but I can't. I feel so so so stuck, all I do is go to class and go home directly after since we don't really have a proper common working area to hang out at.

I'm not sure how the dorms/commuter school things work but do you have societies at your university? If so then I recommend you join some, you're more likely to meet more extroverted people that way.

Also does your university have a support centre for depression or mental health?
...What kind of university is this 😐
Reply 3
Original post by Salt Queen

yeah my thoughts exactly, and I thought mine was bad.... :frown: well assuming it’s not the same one
Original post by 408655
yeah my thoughts exactly, and I thought mine was bad.... :frown: well assuming it’s not the same one

:ahee: good morning

You go to uni with druggies? 😶😷
Reply 5
:ahee: good morning

You go to uni with druggies? 😶😷

Heyyy I think I’m going to back to sleep now actually, I only slept 4 hours... I’ll be missing one of my lectures, silly me.

Apparently yeah druggies - There’s loads of students who do cannabis here
Reply 6
I think we have a muslim society and a queer community but that's pretty much it. :l we do have a support centre but it is really small and ALWAYS full since most of the school (statistics shows like 70% or something) is heavily depressed.
Reply 7

it's an "arts&design university" we used to be a college but yeah. LOL
Reply 8
Original post by 408655

if you're in canada we probably go to the same place LOOL
Reply 9
Original post by welpok314
if you're in canada we probably go to the same place LOOL

No I’m in the UK lol :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending