The Student Room Group

GYG 2017: My Apple Tree: From 3s and 4s to 8s and 9s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faithoshxo
Thank you and I definitely will check the maths forum out for questions/topics I struggle with. Tbf same I tried to be consistent but its kinda falling apart lol. My goal is to post the science post soon and then be doing updates 2-3 times a week. Thank you again lol it is nice to offload once in a while.

I'm always here to :smile: faith

No worries :smile: I try and do it while waiting for the bus usually, but that sort of failed today :lol:
That sounds sensible, updating daily can be quite time consuming! No worries :smile: It is good for you to offload! Helps you to process things and get them off your mind :smile:
:hugs:
Nice blog @faithoshxo! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!
Original post by Fox Corner
Nice blog @faithoshxo! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!

Thank you so much I’m so grateful woooo :smile: 🌟
hey we're twinning! mine is featured too!
very proud of you :smile:

hope you had a good day!!!
Thank you so much I’m so grateful woooo :smile: 🌟
Original post by clouddbubbles
hey we're twinning! mine is featured too!
very proud of you :smile:

hope you had a good day!!!

I’m so proud of you too I’m proud of us even :smile: I’m still shocked lol

I did thank you and I’m glad it’s the weekend, hope u had a good one too!!
Your gyg is amazing! I dont know why i didnt discover you earlier lol. Also congrats for it landing on the 'favourite blogs' i believe you can achieve those top grades and prove all the others wrong. I admire your motivation! My gyg would never land on 'favourite blogs' lmao.:smile:
/ / M O N D A Y 2 3 O C T O B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
1 7 : 5 2 , K E N T

My first entry.
Today was okay I guess. I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and to the sound of my sister's electric toothbrush whriing in the background. I wanted to be lazy today and watch tv, but I knew I had to get stuff done. After all the hygiene and the breakfast, I got started straight away. I'm lying my room and desk was an absolute mess, I wish I could have a clean and organised room like those study gurus but I don't. I finally got my room and desk to the way I wanted. (see picture 1 and 2)

First, I started with some English. Slowly but surely, I will understand Macbeth. I enjoy the plot and the characters but the language constantly has me confused. However I decided to focus on the themes today, logic :/ Anyway, I started a poster yesterday and I finished it off today, I'm pretty proud of that if you ask me. (see picture 3) :smile:

After this, I believe, I had some lunch. My rice was soggy but it tasted alright. Then I started some Biology Revision. My October tests are on B5 and B6 this term so I decided, I would do some revision on them, I started on my B6 mindmap and I got it done in under 45 minutes. Pretty happy with that considering I had to summarise, I'm very bad at summarising, and I also made it look pretty :smile: (see picture 4)

And that was it.
lots of love, faith.

C L O S E E N T R Y

your notes are so beautiful:smile: (I'm jealous:colone:)
good luck with GCSEs and all that stuff (we're gonna make it), also this GYG is so genuinely honest I really like it(btw I read through all the pages just felt like quoting this post:biggrin:) I'm "watching" (i think) this woo. You seem so motivated, I'm sure you'll do brilliantlyyyyyyy :tongue:
Original post by A.N123
Your gyg is amazing! I dont know why i didnt discover you earlier lol. Also congrats for it landing on the 'favourite blogs' i believe you can achieve those top grades and prove all the others wrong. I admire your motivation! My gyg would never land on 'favourite blogs' lmao.:smile:

Thank you so much, i literally just started watching yours and even though i'm year 11 i'm still inspired by your motivation in year 10. it will defo pay off.
You never know, one day it will, i'm loving your content already in your GYG :smile:
Original post by Toastiekid
your notes are so beautiful:smile: (I'm jealous:colone:)
good luck with GCSEs and all that stuff (we're gonna make it), also this GYG is so genuinely honest I really like it(btw I read through all the pages just felt like quoting this post:biggrin:) I'm "watching" (i think) this woo. You seem so motivated, I'm sure you'll do brilliantlyyyyyyy :tongue:

thank you, really appreciate it :smile:
yes we all will survive through them, and i think i've just started watching your GYG too, i've got my cuppa ready and i'm excited to read through your posts.

and yeah even though i seem motivated, there are some days that i do lack some. I just try to pick myself up and again and i'm super grateful for the mum i have. strict but super supportive. lol i love her (i'm so soppy)

i know you'll do brill aswell, lets smash this GCSE's :tongue:
Thank you so much, i literally just started watching yours and even though i'm year 11 i'm still inspired by your motivation in year 10. it will defo pay off.
You never know, one day it will, i'm loving your content already in your GYG :smile:

Awwww thank you so much! :biggrin:
/ / S U N D A Y 1 2 N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
1 8 : 5 9, K E N T

My second proper entry lol.
I did say that I would be uploading regularly however I have had a bit of a mind/creative block and mocks and moodiness and lack of motivation and in all honesty i'm sorry.

But I'm back and i'm betterrrrrr :smile:

Today has been pretty alright, not the most productive, i'm gonna be honest. But i've got some stuff done.

First I started on my TASSOMAI. God's curse to man. It does help I'm not even ngl but it's still a pain in the butt.

I don't know if other schools have it however, its basically a program which quizzes you on the three sciences and your percentage improves over time. I behind on the years average but thats because in summer I rarely did it, my fault ik.
Anyway my percentage isn't too bad I'm on 20.2% but we should be on 25% - 30% by now. 50% if you spend hours on it *cough cough girls in my year:colone:*

Next I decided I was in the mood to play with my lil sis, she's cute but cheeky at the same time. That was fun we coloured, played dot to dot and generally mucked around. It was nice to spend time with her cos usually i'm holed up in my room doing my hw.

Then I wanted to make some notes/flashcards. I wanted to make some on the Tsar and Russia because I have NO notes on that so her are my little beauty's. (see pictures 1 and 2 :smile:)

Other than that my day's been pretty chill, nothing to much. I hope your Sunday's have been good

Happy Remembrance Day everyone, lest we not forget

And that was it.
lots of love, faith.

C L O S E E N T R Y
Awwww its nice to see your playing with your younger sister! How old is she if you don't mind me asking?! My lil sis (very cute but sometimes reallyyy annoying) is 7 and before we go to bed im going to play a game of monopoly with her(obvs going to let her win lol)
Hope you have a nice evening!:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Awwww its nice to see your playing with your younger sister! How old is she if you don't mind me asking?! My lil sis (very cute but sometimes reallyyy annoying) is 7 and before we go to bed im going to play a game of monopoly with her(obvs going to let her win lol)
Hope you have a nice evening!:biggrin:

She's 5 nearly 6 soon and aww I hope you guys have fun and you're a good sister for going to let her win :smile:
You too :smile:!!
/ / T H U R S D A Y 1 6 N O V E M B E R 2 0 1 8 / /
2 1 : 1 7, K E N T

My third proper entry.
This week has been vv hectic let me give you lot a rundown...

Monday:
ICT coursework was a massive drag I am so behind and it is due in the 27th November (internal begging for forgiveness from the ICT gods)

Tuesday:
I had an open evening for one of the sixth form I'm considering, was lovely but super massive, still indecisive tho.

Wednesday:
I have really bad nausea whenever I'm on my period lol (sorry tmii) so that wasn't felt so sick but my best friend took care of me, so much love for her :u:
I had extra maths help after and I was sooo sleepy and tired and I wanted to have a nap

Thursday:
I have to create to my website AGAIN!!!! because my template was too big so when I made a new template it wouldn't update the other pages!!! God I want to screammm!!!

I'm still trying to keep a positive mindset about everything :smile:, even though it feels like I have the weight of my school building on my shoulders literally pressing me into the damp, smelly earth :frown:

Sorry for this post being all over the place and negative.I'm normally super positive but I'm honest to and its okay not to feel good 25/8.

Pray for me lads

I hope everyone is feeling okay and is not to stressed out
Oo btw my How to Revise Science post is nearly finished, need to add pictures and I'm nearly done/ Remember to watch my blog, so you get notified when I post ittt!! Can't wait to share my tips with you :smile:

I might start doing a tag list, yeah I will actually :smile:
Awesome members that you should check out

Spoiler

My third proper entry.

Monday:
ICT coursework was a massive drag I am so behind and it is due in the 27th November (internal begging for forgiveness from the ICT gods)

Tuesday:
I had an open evening for one of the sixth form I'm considering, was lovely but super massive, still indecisive tho.

Wednesday:
I have really bad nausea whenever I'm on my period lol (sorry tmii) so that wasn't felt so sick but my best friend took care of me, so much love for her :u:
I had extra maths help after and I was sooo sleepy and tired and I wanted to have a nap

Thursday:
I have to create to my website AGAIN!!!! because my template was too big so when I made a new template it wouldn't update the other pages!!! God I want to screammm!!!

I'm still trying to keep a positive mindset about everything :smile:, even though it feels like I have the weight of my school building on my shoulders literally pressing me into the damp, smelly earth :frown:

Sorry for this post being all over the place and negative.I'm normally super positive but I'm honest to and its okay not to feel good 25/8.

Pray for me lads

Oo btw my How to Revise Science post is nearly finished, need to add pictures and I'm nearly done/ Remember to watch my blog, so you get notified when I post ittt!! Can't wait to share my tips with you :smile:

Spoiler

Thank you for the taggg:tongue: Well done on keeping (or trying to) a positive mindset through all the turmoil, I'll legit get a question wrong in maths and then I'm convinced the world is over, so that's something I need to work on haha

I'm praying for you, pal. I'm praying for us all:o::biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)

My third proper entry.

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Pray for me lads

Spoiler

Thanks for the tag! Kinda suprised you remembered me despite you being tired! Im praying for everyone dw!:biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by troubletracking
Thank you for the taggg:tongue: Well done on keeping (or trying to) a positive mindset through all the turmoil, I'll legit get a question wrong in maths and then I'm convinced the world is over, so that's something I need to work on haha

I'm praying for you, pal. I'm praying for us all:o::biggrin:

No problem, and same tbf don’t worry I’m praying for us all too :smile:
Original post by A.N123
Thanks for the tag! Kinda suprised you remembered me despite you being tired! Im praying for everyone dw!:biggrin:

Of course I remembered you :smile: Thanks for keeping us in your prayers 😌
What are your predicted grades, and what year are you in?
Original post by ReadilySalted
What are your predicted grades, and what year are you in?

Year 11 and I don’t believe in predicted grades sorry, I don’t think they help anyone’s mindset :smile: Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending