The Student Room Group

student finance

My dad has a medical pension which he does not get taxed on, does this still have to be included in his income?
Original post by chloegratton6
My dad has a medical pension which he does not get taxed on, does this still have to be included in his income?

Hi Chloe,

If your Dad is in receiving payments from his pension this would still have to be declared as income, even if he does not pay tax on this .
Pensions are still a taxable source of income.

Thanks

Louise
Hi,

His pension is a medical pension though and he does not pay tax on it. I thought you only had to include the income you pay tax on?

Thanks
Chloe
Hi,

His pension is a medical pension though and he does not pay tax on it. I thought you only had to include the income you pay tax on?

Thanks
Chloe

Hi Chloe,

Can i ask a few questions with regards to your fathers pension, How did he get this pension? was it through his employer?

Thanks

Catherine
Hi,

It was through the RAF which he is no longer in.

Chloe
He got it as a result of being medically discharged from the RAF, however the pension he gets, is no longer given out to people.

Chloe
He got it as a result of being medically discharged from the RAF, however the pension he gets, is no longer given out to people.

Chloe

Hi chloe,

If the medical, pension is completely non taxable, then we will not take this into consideration as we only require taxable income.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending