The Student Room Group

Bursaries/funding for living expenses for EU students?

Hey,

I wonder if there are any institutions offering financial support regarding living expenses for EU nationals studying in the UK. I know that I'm not eligible for a Maintenance Loan since I haven't been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of my course.

I still hope there's some sort of support, maybe from independent institutions or foundations?

Thanks for any help!
Original post by stoicduality
Hey,

I wonder if there are any institutions offering financial support regarding living expenses for EU nationals studying in the UK. I know that I'm not eligible for a Maintenance Loan since I haven't been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of my course.

I still hope there's some sort of support, maybe from independent institutions or foundations?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Stoicduality,

You are correct, EU funding is Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) only.

With regards to other funding available, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give advice on funding from other sources but it may be worthwhile contacting the universities you're applying to. I do know there is often a bursary available for EU students from the university, also, they may be able to give you some advice on where else you may be able to get financial help.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending