The Student Room Group

Would you date someone you thought was way out of your league?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Me and my ex-crush. Way out of his league. And he is way out of my league.

this doesn't make sense

you both can't be punching....
I don't believe in 'leagues'.
all depends, if you are getting along fine, fantastic and yes and I don’t see why your own negativity and poor self image should damage a potentially great relationship. However, if they really are above then there are more risks and it’s about if you would really take them risks and balancing them out. Best of luck xD
Original post by winterscoming
Ugh. My ex-girlfriend once told me that she wouldn't want to date someone really attractive because she'd be worried about all the attention from other girls...

It took me a few moments to think about it, then I realised she'd basically just called me ugly :/

Lmaooo it does kinda suck when you put it like that!

I’d not date anyone i’m not attracted to, but that does tend to be different from the ‘conventionally attractive’ guys anyway.

But i’d not appreciate the “but you’re attractive to me!” comment either tbh. I’d want someone I date to think i’m The Sh*t™️. Maybe why i’m single :giggle:
Original post by ANM775
this doesn't make sense

you both can't be punching....

He can walk into a crowd and have several girls flirting with him and all that because he is good looking and all that.

But no girl can commit to him because he gets to many girls attention, and that’s when I come in because despite him getting close to other girls and flirting with other girls. The only girl still liking him was me, even when he was sick and hurt himself I cared and cared for him.
Reply 25
Original post by winterscoming
Ugh. My ex-girlfriend once told me that she wouldn't want to date someone really attractive because she'd be worried about all the attention from other girls...

It took me a few moments to think about it, then I realised she'd basically just called me ugly :/

heard a story once about an unattractive guy on pof. Out of the blue some hottie started messaging him, he thought it was a fake profile at first but continued to speak to her. Anyways she turned out to be real, and they started a relationship together.

The guys friends/family and even strangers always commented how much better looking the girl was than him etc .....and after a while it started to get to him. So one day when his gf was drunk he started quizing her about why she is with him. In a drunken state the gf revealed she had been cheated on a by a really good looking guy before and didn't want it to happen again so she picked a guy who "wouldn't be able to cheat" as she put it.

You can see the implications of that statement right there.
The guy took this badly and even though he didn't let on he was upset, he really regretted asking her and was considering whether to end things.

His gf basically deliberately seeked out an ugly guy so he would be unable to cheat on her due to his lack of appeal to other women.
(edited 6 years ago)
Not going to lie but if I had a BF I would do that. I wouldn’t let any girl look at him. 😅
Original post by Anonymous
Would you have a relationship with a person you thought was much better-looking than you (if you thought they were really nice) and maybe generally had more going for them? Or would you prefer someone more on your level?

Well if I got along with them sure I see no issue.
Reply 28
yeah, kinda Savage..

From what I heard the guy was pretty cut up about it..
Yes, I have no problem whatsoever in forming romantic relationships with women that are much more physically attractive than me.

Surface beauty is great. But it's not enough. Inner beauty counts for a lot.
Original post by cat_mac
Lmaooo it does kinda suck when you put it like that!

I’d not date anyone i’m not attracted to, but that does tend to be different from the ‘conventionally attractive’ guys anyway.

But i’d not appreciate the “but you’re attractive to me!” comment either tbh. I’d want someone I date to think i’m The Sh*t™️. Maybe why i’m single :giggle:

Haha, that's not far from what she said afterwards, she actually made it worse with the next bit :wink:

Her: "No I didn't mean that, you're fine, but... I just meant I wouldn't date some Johnny Depp lookalike who gets loads of girls after him"

Me: "WTF, now I'm less attractive than Johnny Depp...?! :unimpressed: "

TBF, I already knew she had a huge crush on Johnny Depp, and I've always known I'm not the hottest guy in the world, I might have over-reacted just a little :rolleyes:

I guess it's one thing to know that about yourself, and another to hear it from someone who is supposed to be your girlfriend. :P
Reply 31
Been there.

Then that changed when we finished - 'I can do much better than you'.

Yeah, go ed then. :laugh:
Reply 32
Aye well, we all get *****y in a breakup I suppose! I try not to but sometimes you just say awful things.
Nope. Id personally feel **** cause id feel they'd cheat on me ngl cause why would they be going out with me if they're out of my league. But going out with someone fit would be good cause itd be like i must be good looking if i can pull a person like that just me?? ok.
I wouldn't class anyone out of my league
I'd rather think that I'm out of their world
Reply 35
Jesus Christ :laugh:
Original post by Jpearson704
Nope. Id personally feel **** cause id feel they'd cheat on me ngl cause why would they be going out with me if they're out of my league. But going out with someone fit would be good cause itd be like i must be good looking if i can pull a person like that just me?? ok.

The chances of the joint most beautiful woman in the world cheating on you would be reduced if you were:

More intelligent than the other men she meets
Or wiser than the other men she meets
Or better educated
Or more financially secure
Or more open and honest
Higher integrity & more faithful
More fun
Better sense of humour
Less controlling
Less abusive
More imaginative
More creative
Have more get up and go
More secure
Better company
Better at cooking
Better at being a father
Better at satisfying her sexually...
It doesn't stop the desperado average guys from messaging those way out of their league tho does it..
I married her. :awesome:
I already am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending