The Student Room Group

Girls, How Would You Like a Guy to Approach/Hit on You?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
watch pua videos on youtube. will open your eyes but don't get too deep into it.

Don't do that. American women are idiots and the extreme majority of these videos are by American men. That crap won't wash in England.
be funny around her so she knows youre funny and approacable, and then idk find something in your surroundings and talk to her. one liner, be funny, sehow she repsonds and judge by that whether to carry on the convo
Step 1: Be Chad

If you aren't Chad don't bother.
Original post by CynicalBeing
You make it sound easier than it is lol.

Why can't you girls not walk around in cliques 24/7 so us shy guys can approach you and not be put off by rejection in a crowd setting. Yeah I understand most of it. I was asking more along of the lines of what you would want the guy to talk about if they decided to strike up a convo or rather what to avoid talking about. How to start of the convo etc

Bars is a little easier as I feel that girls tend to be a little less subtle and will hint it out. You can start of by offering a drink and then letting the convo flow, Not awkward or weird to do. A no would be less embarrassing in that setting too.

I'm talking about day time settings.

It can be easy ... if you put the effort haha
Reply 24
I did almost get arrested once whilst doing PUA back in the day......

I was standing around looking for targets and police stereotyped me and thought I was planning to rob the store........
Be funny, flirty and make her feel good about herself by complimenting her
Reply 26
Original post by cat_mac
If it was a complete stranger, I wouldn’t want to be approached at all tbh. I’d feel pretty uncomfortable if a stranger came up to me and started chatting to me. I can’t speak for all women though.

Why though?

I did eventually learn that it's much better to approach women in more socially acceptable situations like a bar ..etc

but why don't a lot of women like being approached in the day?

I've only been approached twice in the day ...but I didn't mind it
Original post by ANM775
Why though?

I did eventually learn that it's much better to approach women in more socially acceptable situations like a bar ..etc

I would feel uncomfortable if a guy older than me came up and just asked for my number because I would think creep alert but if a guy my age said that he liked me and asked my number then I would be like yeah sure
Original post by ANM775
Why though?

Try to think of it like having an old lady come up and talk to you about how much you look like their grandchild. They have good intentions and just want a bit of conversation, but really you don’t want to stand and talk to this granny when you’re waiting for the bus/shopping/in a coffee shop. It’s nice that they came over but you’re not out and about because you want to chat to old people and it’s just something you’re tolerating because it would be rude not too.

I don’t mind it enough to be rude to the guy but I would try to get away as soon as I could, because i’m out to do something specific and not to make friends/dates. Especially annoying if I’m enjoying some alone time reading a book in costa and some dude thinks I want company, like no. I came here by myself for a reason! :laugh:
Reply 29
Original post by cat_mac
Try to think of it like having an old lady come up and talk to you about how much you look like their grandchild. They have good intentions and just want a bit of conversation, but really you don’t want to stand and talk to this granny when you’re waiting for the bus/shopping/in a coffee shop. It’s nice that they came over but you’re not out and about because you want to chat to old people and it’s just something you’re tolerating because it would be rude not too.

I don’t mind it enough to be rude to the guy but I would try to get away as soon as I could, because i’m out to do something specific and not to make friends/dates. Especially annoying if I’m enjoying some alone time reading a book in costa and some dude thinks I want company, like no. I came here by myself for a reason! :laugh:

but the old lady hasn't got sexual intentions, and she also is all old and wrinkly

even if she met me in a pub I still wouldn't go there romantically with her

If a guy your age who you found ok looking came up to you then that is a lot different imo. In a pub you might be receptive, but on the street you are not.

This Is what I find strange about women. A man is ready to go at any time of day. If you hit on him waiting for a bus most likely [if he finds you attractive] he'll be receptive to your advances.

A lot of women seem to not operate like this, it needs to be friday or saturday night or something. Like womens libideo is syncronised with friday/saturday night.

Like some kind of werewolf **** is going on where upon reaching friday/saturday night women totally transform....
Original post by ANM775
but the old lady hasn't got sexual intentions, and she also is all old and wrinkly

If a guy your age who you found ok looking came up to you then that is a lot different imo. In a pub you might be receptive, but on the street you are not.

This Is what I find strange about women. A man is ready to go at any time of day. If you hit on him waiting for a bus most likely [if he finds you attractive] he'll be receptive to your advances.

A lot of women seem to not operate like this, it needs to be friday or saturday night or something. Like womens libideo is syncronised with friday/saturday night.

Like some kind of werewolf sh*t is going on where upon reaching friday/saturday night women totally transform....

The transform bit killed me :biggrin:
Original post by ANM775

Like some kind of werewolf sh*t is going on where upon reaching friday/saturday night women totally transform....

That’s just the best way I can describe my feelings towards daytime approaches, but yeah I wouldn’t consider myself “ready to go at any time of day”. Guys do seem to always looking for the opportunity to get a girl, personally I prefer to get interest from people I’m interested in and not strangers. (Except in club/bar settings or social settings) It’s just an annoyance imo.
Original post by ANM775

Generally if I’m out on my own I’ve got things to do and places to be so I don’t really like being stopped for a conversation. There’s also a higher risk of it being awkward because there’s no alcohol and it’s not a crowded bar where you can escape. I do probably value daytime compliments and approaches more than nighttime because I assume it probably takes more balls and if it’s daytime then they won’t have beer goggles on. But most of the people who have approached me in the daytime I’ve either not been attracted to or they’ve been a bit too old for me and realistically it’s not going to work. When you’re on a night out it’s all fun and games but it feels different and sometimes too real in the daytime.
An absolute dreamboat came up to me in the sea last summer and to me that was a good setting because I obviously wasn’t in a rush. But my mum was watching from the sand the whole time so I still found it a bit awkward. Generally though I haven’t had many people I’ve actually been interested in approach me in the day so that’s why I do find it more uncomfortable because I just associate it with being forced to talk to a stranger in the daytime when I don’t want to. It’s like when you’re walking in town and people try and stop you and get you to sign up for something you’re just internally like ‘go away’
hey I recommend my boy richard la ruina (check him out on youtube ) he knows the in's and out of chatting to girls and I'm not going to lie his advice worked very well for me
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Don't do that. American women are idiots and the extreme majority of these videos are by American men. That crap won't wash in England.

This
Reply 35
Original post by oliwashere
hey I recommend my boy richard la ruina (check him out on youtube ) he knows the in's and out of chatting to girls and I'm not going to lie his advice worked very well for me

In his prime he was an 8/10 white dude

unless OP is similar, I wouldn't bother listening to anything richard says, due to the fact stuff that works for richard will simply not work for OP
Just cos pua stuff didn't work for you guys it doesn't mean OP wouldn't benefit from learning a few basic techniques re approach, conversation, escalation etc. No need for ott complex routines or loitering on street corners. Just a few simple ideas to look at to change the way you approach women and dating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending