The Student Room Group

I don’t feel anything during sex? Is there something wrong with me?

I’m 16 years old and I’ve been having sex for about 3 months, I ’ve been with my boyfriend for around 6 months now. An whenever we have sex I don’t feel anything, I feel him inside of me but I don’t feel any pleasure from it. Is this normal? I feel pleasure when I masturbate, but only when my clit is being rubbed and it doesn’t last very long, is this classed as a orgasm? I was wondering if this is a normal thing. Also, I want to know if I will actually ever feel a orgasm? Everybody talks about sex being this amazing thing but I don’t feel the same, I feel as though I’m missing out. My boyfriend never has any problems with sex, so why do I?

Scroll to see replies

try some foreplay
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 16 years old and I’ve been having sex for about 3 months, I ’ve been with my boyfriend for around 6 months now. An whenever we have sex I don’t feel anything, I feel him inside of me but I don’t feel any pleasure from it. Is this normal? I feel pleasure when I masturbate, but only when my clit is being rubbed and it doesn’t last very long, is this classed as a orgasm? I was wondering if this is a normal thing. Also, I want to know if I will actually ever feel a orgasm? Everybody talks about sex being this amazing thing but I don’t feel the same, I feel as though I’m missing out. My boyfriend never has any problems with sex, so why do I?

This is okay. Almost all the pleasure comes from the clit for a woman, and not much from penetration. Just try not to overthink it, make sure you try out foreplay beforehand as that can help a lot. Try different positions too as that can make a lot of difference as well.
maybe ur les

I think a lot of women only get pleasure from the clitoris being stimulated and this is OK, everyone is different. I've found it helps to only start having sex when I am very aroused from foreplay - I can feel more this way, though it is still not as good as clitoral stimulation. It might also help if you or your boyfriend rub you clit during sex.

Don't put pressure on yourself to orgasm. You don't have to orgasm to enjoy sex, and there are women who are not able to do it. Just try to explore your body and let your boyfriend explore it, and do what feels good :smile:

As for other people - remember that people lie. Especially teenagers when they are showing off to their mates. Sex does not necessarily feel amazing 100% of the time - sometimes it feel great, sometimes a little boring but on the whole it is still something enjoyable that you do with someone you care for. It's a balance of physical and emotional satisfaction. As I already said, don't put pressure on yourself and you will enjoy it more.
I am 31 years old and I have never felt any pleasure from a penis but my boyfriend gets me to orgasm by playing with my clitoris with his fingers while sucking on my nipples. That does wonders. And even though I do not feel anything during sex, I enjoy when we do foreplay and he kisses my whole body and it helps when he pulls my hair and slaps my butt during doggy’s style. If he’s on top he can kiss ur neck or play without your clitoris. Hope this enhances your experience.
IME, few women can climax from penetration - though many still find it pleasurable.

Most would rather focus attention on their clitoris.

Listen to your body and do what feels good.

So yup totally normal - odd huh it's nothing like it looks in the movies and 'foreplay' is actually the main part... it's almost like our society, culture, language, identity, sexuality and constructed reality is entirely skewed by injustice based upon historic gender power differentials. :s-smilie:
(edited 5 years ago)
It;s a 5 month old thread. But to expand on what DrawTheLine, Jtfoxlove, anonymous4 have said:

Most women, most of the time do not get sufficient sexual pleasure during intercourse with most men.

However, most of the time, this is more down to the men than the women. IE there's a lot of truth in what's been said so far in this thread. But that truth is largely down to the lack of love making skills in the vast majority of men. It's not down to the practical biology in women. It can sometimes be down to the practical psychology of some women.

All women have nerve clusters in their G spots, deep frontal spots and deep rear spots inside their vaginas, It's then a case of stimulating one or more of these in the right way by the man combined with the right frame of mind from the woman.

There are also angles at which the clitoris may be given some stimulation by the top of the penis or the man's pubic bone during missionary,

A fundamental statistic of sex is that it takes a man something like 5 minutes to reach orgasm - on average - compared to 15 minutes for women. Far far too many men are selfish lovers. Doing what pleases them too much and not doing enough to please their partners.

The sad fact is that it doesn't have to be this way. More men should learn about making love with women. In this day and age with easy Google searching and good information being freely available on the internet. As well as women being relatively liberated now that we're in the 21st Century and not in the 17th Century.

My last 3 girlfriends have all been able to orgasm from missionary with me. Not every time. But often enough. My first 2 girlfriends rarely, if ever, did so because I didn't know enough about the practicalities of sex with women then.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Maybe try strengthening your pelvic floor muscles by doing kegal exercises, just clench your vaginal muscles like your trying to stop a wee from coming out doing this 3 times a day might help and it can be done anywhere , pleasure also starts with the mind so if your feeling anxious nervous or stressed you aren’t gonna achieve pleasure. Just try taking a minute for yourself before hand maybe go to the bathroom and just clear your mind, hope this helps
Reply 9
You should like a person who may enjoy a book called "civilized to death" do to the fact you know social norms are BS!
This is a good thing, hell yeah
(edited 4 years ago)
This is also happening to me ever since I started having sex 2 years ago feel nothing but only if masterbate as well it only lasts for seconds
I’m 18 and lost my virginity last month and so far my bf and I had sex 5 times and I still don’t feel any pleasure but am my friend said sex is good but not for me .. and I think we have the same problem
I'm 17 and I have the same issue with my boyfriend of 13 months. I can, however, orgasm if I am on top. I would try getting on top and don't just go up and down
Hey for anyone experiencing things like this i'd recommend researching about asexuality. You can also be asexual if you get pleasure from masturbation but not from sex with another person.

Sex doesn't make a person whole. It's great if it makes you feel good but if it doesn't it's ok.
It's the same for me.. I'm 16 and I dont feel anything during sex. My partner doesn't know. I dont want to tell him because he might feel as though it is because of him.
Clear your mind during sex and think about problems focus on what you’re doing
That's a very good question.

I can't go too much into specifics, because sex tips are quite rightly not allowed on this child friendly forum.

If it takes a particular woman 15 minutes of missionary to orgasm, whilst their male partner takes 5 minutes, can you think of a few solutions to this conundrum?

Go ahead and try these possible solutions and see how they work out for you and your partner.

It may take a little bit of lateral thinking, or some Google research to come up with possible solutions.
Reply 17

Hi! I have the same problem, I hate when people say ‘just do foreplay’ because even then, I don’t feel anything. :/
My crazy boyfriend would get mad at me and say the meanest things. One being I had a loss....... it hurt so bad, so I started doing research on things to try, Dermalmd Vagina tightening serum was one it . had good ratings so I got it. Lol and then broke up with him. Not so sure how well it works but I feel tighter.
If you are 16 and had sex 3 months with no pleasure, I am sure you are not ready for sex. My advice is to stop and wait a few months so allow your mind and body to decide what is most important for you. In your case this has nothing to so with lack of sex technique in bed. Talk with your bf and see if he understands your feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest