The Student Room Group

Lost a stone in a month without trying

I’m a 20 year old girl. I weighed myself yesterday and I am 8 stone 1 which is 113 pounds. Last month, I was 9 stone, which is 126 pounds.

I now weigh less than I did aged 16. I guess I’m wondering why I’ve lost so much weight; I’ve been eating when I feel like it, and I don’t have an unhealthy attitude to food or anything like that.

I have, however, been going through a bad time which has caused my appetite to decrease, but to lose a whole stone in a month seems excessive. Thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 20 year old girl. I weighed myself yesterday and I am 8 stone 1 which is 113 pounds. Last month, I was 9 stone, which is 126 pounds.

I now weigh less than I did aged 16. I guess I’m wondering why I’ve lost so much weight; I’ve been eating when I feel like it, and I don’t have an unhealthy attitude to food or anything like that.

I have, however, been going through a bad time which has caused my appetite to decrease, but to lose a whole stone in a month seems excessive. Thoughts?

Loss of appetite will lead to weight loss, not that surprising.
Not really some could be water weight
Reply 3
Original post by Afforestation
Loss of appetite will lead to weight loss, not that surprising.

Hmm, my appetite has only been decreased in the past week or so.
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm, my appetite has only been decreased in the past week or so.

If you havent been active then you may well have just lost muscle mass. Or it could be water...

Quick Reply

Latest