The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelseadagg3r
There's no scientific evidence to prove that it works, and it can also be incredibly damaging to both mental and physical health. In some cases it even involves rape so, you know, that's why not

Well, I think the ones involving rape potentially are captured by this other criminal offence called rape. It is a poor argument to say that GCT should be criminalised or banned for its being associated with acts which are already criminalised and have been since time immemorial.

EDIT: I don't think police, if they are not too bothered by rape complaints, are going to give much more attention to GCT allegations. I don't see how it is going to excite prosecution in a way rape complaints do not. It might be easier to prove GCT, but this is cancelled out by its being a rather boring offence.
(edited 5 years ago)
Great news. I didn't realize it was still legal in the UK, TBH. :grumble:
You think being attracted to members of the same sex is akin to being traumatised into not doing/enjoying something?

I don't think it's ever been proven to actually have worked. Feel free to provide a genuine and reliable source that proves otherwise :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a5I0yv0Dw

Watch that...

and if you're still unconvinced take a whiff of the ton of links on this website
http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/Testimonies.html

You obviously aren't a Christian, but homosexuality is a sin, and like every sin was paid for by Jesus Christ, they just have to give their life over to him and repent of their sins. No government will stop that
Original post by Oruese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a5I0yv0Dw

Watch that...

and if you're still unconvinced take a whiff of the ton of links on this website
http://www.witnessfortheworld.org/Testimonies.html

You obviously aren't a Christian, but homosexuality is a sin, and like every sin was paid for by Jesus Christ, they just have to give their life over to him and repent of their sins. No government will stop that

...yeah I'm not taking religious testimonials as proper sources. Find me a legitimate scientific study and we can talk some more.
They’re not being ‘cured’ they are being emotionally damaged.
...yeah I'm not taking religious testimonials as proper sources. Find me a legitimate scientific study and we can talk some more.

And its this sort of foolish talk that will lead to religious rights being rescinded. and by religious you obviously Christian... lets not kid ourselves, cos your progressive hypocrisy couldn't dare step foot in a mosque and call them unscientific
Original post by indiebigirl
They’re not being ‘cured’ they are being emotionally damaged.

and what about former homosexuals who gave their lives to Jesus Christ and are no longer living that lifestyle? are they damaged as well?
Original post by Oruese
Erm...it's not natural you choose to be gay, you aren't born that way you realise that as a biological fact right?

And in any case i love the way they skew the debate, its always painted as the gay person is stuck in some room chained to a bed with religious texts being blasted from loudspeakers...

I’m bisexual and I definitely did not choose to be bi, I’ve been bullied for it and tormented, if I could ‘choose’ to be straight don’t you think I would?
Original post by Oruese
and what about former homosexuals who gave their lives to Jesus Christ and are no longer living that lifestyle? are they damaged as well?

They’re told that homosexuality is wrong and it is not, it’s natural, so yes they are being emotionally damanged and brain washed.
Reply 29
Original post by Oruese

Okayyyy, so I'm all for freedom of religion. I believe that if you want to place your faith in God, then that is your choice to make.

But your statement... is honestly quite repulsive. The Government won't stop that, you're right. It won't stop that because the Government bases their laws, regulations, and decisions, on fact and evidence; to which, there is none to support homosexuality being a sin. In an alternate universe, heterosexuals are likely dealt the same hand of oppression and abuse that homosexuals experience in our own universe. In another, there is no abuse or oppression to any sexuality, as the people in that world accept that we are all humans.

I would very much like to live in the latter...
Original post by Flipurry
Which part exactly are you applying to being gay?

All of it
Reply 31
I’m bisexual and I definitely did not choose to be bi, I’ve been bullied for it and tormented, if I could ‘choose’ to be straight don’t you think I would?

Preach it gal. I wouldn't choose to be straight, but I certainly didn't choose to be bi either. I just am shrugs
They’re told that homosexuality is wrong and it is not, it’s natural, so yes they are being emotionally damanged and brain washed.

Cannibalism is natural that doesn’t mean it’s right
What other stuff do you mean?

There's no scientific evidence to prove that it works, and it can also be incredibly damaging to both mental and physical health. In some cases it even involves rape so, you know, that's why not

So a bit like CBT ?
I'm really happy. I remember asking my friends why gay conversion therapy was allowed in the UK and no one could give me a proper answer.

you call them brain-washed because they changed their lifestyle? and it's rather insulting for you, who knows nothing about them to call them emotionally damaged. You will never comprehend someone being born again because you dont honestly believe in Jesus Christ and you live in sin

I give it 10 more years and it's people like you calling true bible believing Christians cultists and advocating for their incarceration
wait, this is a thing?

I don't believe you, in this climate? tormented? are you insane? if anyone bullied you for being gay they would be name shamed and vilified, as anyone who bullies anyone for any reason at all should.

Now i'm very sure your version of torment means snide little remarks here and there which EVERYONE DEALS WITH.

Are you white and who have you been bullied by?

And in any case, if you’re bi you can fit in as a straight person unless you’re dating a woman.

I think most people who are llbgtxyp would get bullied even if they were straight
Original post by Oruese
you call them brain-washed because they changed their lifestyle? and it's rather insulting for you, who knows nothing about them to call them emotionally damaged. You will never comprehend someone being born again because you dont honestly believe in Jesus Christ and you live in sin

I give it 10 more years and it's people like you calling true bible believing Christians cultists and advocating for their incarceration

It's true though. Religions are cults. It's the easily brainwashed masses being controlled by the small minority up top. The brainwashing starts with children and people trying to 'find themselves'.

Latest

Trending

Trending