The Student Room Group

What can i study at university?

This is my final year and i still have no idea what i want to study in uni. I take Psychology HL, business SL, English HL, math ST, biology SL. What can i study according to the subjects i have chosen?
Original post by Helpmegraduate
This is my final year and i still have no idea what i want to study in uni. I take Psychology HL, business SL, English HL, math ST, biology SL. What can i study according to the subjects i have chosen?

What parts of your current subjects do you enjoy?
Is there anything that you are interested in in your free time - news stories you follow, hobbies, topics on wikipedia that you find yourself reading about, podcasts or blogs that you follow etc etc?
Original post by PQ
What parts of your current subjects do you enjoy?
Is there anything that you are interested in in your free time - news stories you follow, hobbies, topics on wikipedia that you find yourself reading about, podcasts or blogs that you follow etc etc?

I always wanted to study medicine but i cant because i dont take chemistry so now i have no idea what to study
I always wanted to study medicine but i cant because i dont take chemistry so now i have no idea what to study

What was it that you liked about the idea of being a doctor?
I was always interested in the idea of medicine. I like helping others and the idea of having the ability to save lives is amazing. I really like biology but im not sure if that's really related to medicine.

You have to whittle down exactly what you want to be in the end. Because each is a route is a whole world of difference.

Psychologists (clinical) treat patients 1-1 with mental health.

Some psycholigists works in institutions and places making things better by doing research.

English can open a whole door of work from the united nations, teaching etc.

Business you could work as an analyst, in a firm.

Biology is predominately research orientated working in a lab.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Note: if you get other people to make your decisions for you, you will be deeply unhappy, it is unwise to do so. There is a reason, that universities and teachers dont push you towards a certain subject area and let you choose. there is no mistake in choosing any area (there is a great deal of diversity). Follow your heart, whatever you like and not necessarily what your good at.

Your gonna do one thing for the rest of your life what do you want to do? teaching, therapy, analysts? get the drift...

Medicine is so competitive unless you have all A*'s it is nearly impossible, you have to do a BMat and show consistent enthusiasm. Unless your brilliant at biology, it seems a little bit out of reach. This depends on how much you want it and the route you take to get there.

Biology is amazing, and diverse there is neuroscience, molecular biology, general biology, biochemistry, biomedical science, food sciences.. you have to look at each one and see the aspects you like. What bits of the subjects do you like and don't like the theoretical bits, experiments etc.

What drives you insane and you would walk halfway across the Earth to be or study? Medicine isn't the best degree my college which is the 2nd best college in the country (I won't name it, but if you push I will reveal it), advises all its students not to choose medicine and all our students do well with most going to RG unis. There is betetr stuff out there just have a look and whittle down subjects slowly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by username4256810
Medicine is so competitive unless you have all A*'s it is nearly impossible, you have to do a BMat and show consistent enthusiasm. Unless your brilliant at biology, it seems a little bit out of reach. This depends on how much you want it and the route you take to get there.

Biology is amazing, and diverse there is neuroscience, molecular biology, general biology, biochemistry, biomedical science, food sciences.. you have to look at each one and see the aspects you like. What bits of the subjects do you like and don't like the theoretical bits, experiments etc.

What drives you insane and you would walk halfway across the Earth to be or study? Medicine isn't the best degree my college which is the 2nd best college in the country (I won't name it, but if you push I will reveal it), advises all its students not to choose medicine and all our students do well with most going to RG unis. There is betetr stuff out there just have a look and whittle down subjects slowly.

Why does it advise its students not to choose medicine? Is it because it's difficult?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending