The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tdizzle
so in A-Level geography today we were discussing racism coz my teacher did an australian accent but wouldn’t do a Philippine accent as he deemed it racist. however he later went on to use the N-Word several times. i will add he’s white british.
should i report it and does anyone know the potential consequences?

was anyone upset by it?
We need more context.

I don’t see why his skin colour should be a factor tbh. But as I say we need more context.
Decent bait, I give it a 6.

If you want to get the tsrdrones really seething add that he was an Oxford graduate and that instead of ***** he said it with er
Reply 4
he was saying that black people sometimes say it and then carried on talking using it 2 more times, but i was so shocked i can’t remember what he was saying, he wasn’t quoting it and when i looked shocked he laughed and fumbled on his words and then when i addressed he probably shouldn’t say that he just started talking to someone else.
Reply 5
no one that ik of was outwardly offended but that’s coz we r all white
Reply 6
except me, i’m mixed race , white/indian
Reply 7
I suspect a few on here will demand you report him immediately. CONTEXT IS IRREVERENT BAN HIM IMMEDIATELY!

If no one in the class was offended by it and you can't remember the context in which he said it then why should you report him?
Being shocked he said the word is your problem.
Reply 8
coz he shouldn’t say it, it’s racist. regardless of offense it’s still racist, is it not?
Original post by Tdizzle
coz he shouldn’t say it, it’s racist. regardless of offense it’s still racist, is it not?

Is something offensive - even if no one is offended?

---

In your case It doesn't seem worth it to me. I know its a bad thing to say - but its not like he said it in a room full of black students who would be hurt by it. That doesn't make it ok.. but context matters, and it makes it 'less bad'

Report if you want - he will get a warning, and likely have to appologise and explain his action. None of which will actual cause anything good to happen though. No one will be helped by his appology, and likely he will just resent things even more. So all that will really happen is you and who ever else reports it will feel better about themselves and righteous individuals, despite not actually helping anyone in any real way.

There are probably better battles to fight and better uses of your time that may actually help people.
Idgaf about context. Report him immediately. As a ****ing teacher, he should know not to say that.
I question the teacher's sanity repeating that disgusting term more than once.
Other people who have done it have been sacked from their employment without references at the speed of light and seen their reputations ruined beyond professional pr repair .

However freedom of speech does include the freedom to utter rude words and there is no law against what he did.
Reporting him would be likely to land him with disciplinary action and leave him saddled with a highly unsavory reputation for many years to come.
Whether you think his conduct was sufficient to merit all this is up to you.
used what several times??

did he say ****** with GER and if he said ***** with GA then why...was he reciting rap lyrics? :hmmm:
Reply 13
i’d say it was er but idk the difference
Original post by Rainfall
Idgaf about context. Report him immediately. As a ****ing teacher, he should know not to say that.

Oh calm down why you getting so emotional over a word.
Reply 15
hm
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
Don't care. Next.

Oi!? thats rude you know.
Original post by Rainfall

u finally put a pic up of urself? :eek:
Reply 18
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Oi!? thats rude you know.

thank u, next
😘
Original post by Ciel.
thank u, next
😘

if the word in the title was switched to a gay slur would u care

Latest

Trending