The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adezo
If you’re in a current relationship, would you give up on sex for your partner?

yes of corse
Original post by Adezo
If you’re in a current relationship, would you give up on sex for your partner?

No, I would not. Children, yes I would, but sex? I would rather live in a monastery as a monk before I would be in a relationship like this.
Original post by Anonymous
Slightly different question (out of curiosity): would you be willing to enter a relationship with someone who isn't interested in sex, but would 'give it a shot'?

I was having this debate with some friends; some said no as they would need the person to be sexually attracted to them, or that they didn't believe someone like that would satisfy their needs. Others said they'd give it a try and look past that until sex became an issue, whilst one person said they'd consider not having sex to make the relationship work depending on the level of feelings. Most were fairly put off though?

Yes. Both to your question and OP's.
Well if its what my partner wanted then I'd either have to or leave them
Original post by stellitastupido
Well if its what my partner wanted then I'd either have to or leave them

True, but what is your tendency? is sex so important that you would leave your partner in a relationship?

Original post by johnriley
yes of corse

That is a word. Respect, if you really can!
I suppose it depends on how sexy my partner is (currently between partners)
Original post by stellitastupido
I suppose it depends on how sexy my partner is (currently between partners)

:gthumb:

Surficial view on relationship and sex, but the best answer you have given. :yes:
I mean I suppose its the truth. It would be awful to constantly lust for someone and never get to do the thing you're aching to do but if it's a purely intellectual kind of love it'd be much easier
Not a chance would i enter a relationship or stay in a relationship if sex came off the table.

And its not just because I'm a pr*** who values sex over a relationship. Its because i believe that sex is extremely important for building an intimate, physical connection within a relationship.

Ever find when you start dating someone new and you have sex for the first time, you feel completely different together after having sex?

Sex is super important for maintaining a healthy body, brain and mental state of mind too :smile:
yes I would, that's the kind of relationship that I want
No, sex matters too much to me
of course.
yeah, i usually prefer not making out/ having sex anyway because i like my personal space a bit too much. idm cuddling and stuff but tbh bjs/ penetration, fingering, tongue kissing, alla dat **** makes me feel a bit ew.
idk man as long as i can masturbate i suppose it'll work out for the best if a relationship doesn't have sex for me
No, break up.
Original post by WaffleApple
Not a chance would i enter a relationship or stay in a relationship if sex came off the table.

And its not just because I'm a pr*** who values sex over a relationship. Its because i believe that sex is extremely important for building an intimate, physical connection within a relationship.

Ever find when you start dating someone new and you have sex for the first time, you feel completely different together after having sex?

Sex is super important for maintaining a healthy body, brain and mental state of mind too :smile:

That is because sex is an activity that releases chemicals. If sex is the only thing that releases these chemicals for you to feel affection then its not really the right relationship tbh
Original post by JokesOnYoo
That is because sex is an activity that releases chemicals. If sex is the only thing that releases these chemicals for you to feel affection then its not really the right relationship tbh

That’s not true at all.

Ask yourself this question. How many 24 year olds would be happy in a relationship that had sex completely off limits? Very few is the answer.

Young people are simply not made to be in non sexual relationships. It’s not healthy in fact it’s not healthy regardless of age.

A healthy relationship involves sex, it’s as simple as that man 🙂
Yeah. So far those are the only kind of relationships I have had. Ideally if and once I've been with my partner for a long time, maybe 8 months or more, and we are really comfortable with each other, then I'd consider sex, but not before. Kissing, cuddling, etc? No; I'd need that for a relationship, but sex isn't nessecary.
Original post by Canadaboy
Yeah. So far those are the only kind of relationships I have had. Ideally if and once I've been with my partner for a long time, maybe 8 months or more, and we are really comfortable with each other, then I'd consider sex, but not before. Kissing, cuddling, etc? No; I'd need that for a relationship, but sex isn't nessecary.

Think the basic gist of this thread is: would you be in a relationship that had sex unavailable for the foreseeable future?

6 months is not a big deal. I’ve been with women for 12 months before we’ve had sex. But when the question turns to being in a relationship that is unlikely to include sex for the life of the relationship then no.
Original post by WaffleApple
Think the basic gist of this thread is: would you be in a relationship that had sex unavailable for the foreseeable future?

6 months is not a big deal. I’ve been with women for 12 months before we’ve had sex. But when the question turns to being in a relationship that is unlikely to include sex for the life of the relationship then no.

Oh, well then in that case probably no? Like atm it doesn't matter to me, as I'm still pretty young and don't think I am currently ready to have sex, but I guess if I were to get into a relationship that I knew would last for YEARS with no sex then I'd say no, I wouldn't do it.
No, sex is important to me since I'm someone with a huge libido. The longest I've gone without sex while dating is like 1 month. If it's someone I'm super in love with I might wait a few months otherwise I'm out.

Latest

Trending

Trending