The Student Room Group

HELP!!! peeled nail

I have acrylic nails and it got caught on something pulling up the top of my nail but the bottom half is still stuck on my finger/cuticle
Can I press it pack into place or do I need to pull then whole nail off? Pain is excruciating
Original post by Oreoho
I have acrylic nails and it got caught on something pulling up the top of my nail but the bottom half is still stuck on my finger/cuticle
Can I press it pack into place or do I need to pull then whole nail off? Pain is excruciating

if it's really painful, get it looked at. perhaps removing it so it can heal could be best but ask a professional
just eat the hand
Sounds horrific :eek: But can relate
Reply 4
Pain has calmed, on holiday so can only go to hotel nurse
Original post by claireestelle
if it's really painful, get it looked at. perhaps removing it so it can heal could be best but ask a professional
Reply 5
Original post by Oreoho

I hope you've got this sorted by now, but if not...
So your real nail has been ripped up along with the acrylic? If you're able I would trim off whatever loose bits you can and try to leave smooth edges. I don't know how easily you can remove the acrylic from your nail or how much of your nail is off, but if you can I would ditch the acrylic and then focus on the actual nail. Hopefully you can keep a good amount of it. Then just keep it clean and dry and let it grow back. If you're worried about it getting caught on anything you can slap on a plaster or a bit of medical tape.
If it's at all gross, painful etc I would pop in to see that hotel nurse, but with any luck you should be able to avoid any trips to clinics or hospitals and get back to enjoying your holiday.
Reply 6
I cannot take off the acrylic and I only got it days ago I just pressed the nail back against the skin and added anti biotic creams
Original post by Kindred
I hope you've got this sorted by now, but if not...
So your real nail has been ripped up along with the acrylic? If you're able I would trim off whatever loose bits you can and try to leave smooth edges. I don't know how easily you can remove the acrylic from your nail or how much of your nail is off, but if you can I would ditch the acrylic and then focus on the actual nail. Hopefully you can keep a good amount of it. Then just keep it clean and dry and let it grow back. If you're worried about it getting caught on anything you can slap on a plaster or a bit of medical tape.
If it's at all gross, painful etc I would pop in to see that hotel nurse, but with any luck you should be able to avoid any trips to clinics or hospitals and get back to enjoying your holiday.

Quick Reply

Latest