The Student Room Group

Second Advanced Learner Loan for an Access to HE course

Hello,

I am getting a lot of mixed information when I contact SFE, and I am wondering if someone can help me. I started an Access to HE course in 2017/2018 but withdrew because I decided that the subject wasn't for me.

I contacted SFE and was informed by an SFE representative, that I can claim one further Advanced Learner Loan because I withdrew without completing the learning aim and you can have a false start. Only I have been refused a loan because SFE say that I have already had one loan even though it was withdrawn without completing the learning aim.

So my question is can I get an additional advanced learner loan for an Access course if I withdrew from the first? Because SFE customer services is saying yes but the website is saying no...

Many thanks
Hi there,

Based on the details you have given above you wouldn't be eligible for the Advanced Learner Loan as you can only apply the once for an Access to Higher Education course. Do you have any Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) why you didn't complete the course?
Thanks,
Claire
Original post by OT-Rex
Hello,

I am getting a lot of mixed information when I contact SFE, and I am wondering if someone can help me. I started an Access to HE course in 2017/2018 but withdrew because I decided that the subject wasn't for me.

I contacted SFE and was informed by an SFE representative, that I can claim one further Advanced Learner Loan because I withdrew without completing the learning aim and you can have a false start. Only I have been refused a loan because SFE say that I have already had one loan even though it was withdrawn without completing the learning aim.

So my question is can I get an additional advanced learner loan for an Access course if I withdrew from the first? Because SFE customer services is saying yes but the website is saying no...

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending