The Student Room Group

UCAS sending out razors and tampons?

I saw on Twitter that UCAS were sending out razors and tampons, and someone said that they were being sent out to students who met their firm offer only.

Does this mean, given that I haven't gotten one, that I didn't meet my firm offer?

I know this thread probably sounds stupid and pretty funny, the idea of getting a sanitary/grooming product as a sign of being accepted into an academic institution, but it is serious. Can someone confirm or dispel this rumour?

Scroll to see replies

Wtf it’d be weird as f*ck I doubt it’s true

I’ll take 5 boxes though
Reply 2
Original post by Aaryra
Wtf it’d be weird as f*ck I doubt it’s true

I’ll take 5 boxes though

They're definitely sending them out, but I just don't know if its for all UCAS applicants or just the ones who met their firm offers.
Original post by ThatJosh
I saw on Twitter that UCAS were sending out razors and tampons, and someone said that they were being sent out to students who met their firm offer only.

Does this mean, given that I haven't gotten one, that I didn't meet my firm offer?

I know this thread probably sounds stupid and pretty funny, the idea of getting a sanitary/grooming product as a sign of being accepted into an academic institution, but it is serious. Can someone confirm or dispel this rumour?

Yeah they sent me a razor (quite a nice one too). I'd like to think it's an early indicator of me meeting my firm offer, but it probably isn't. I'd imagine they send them to everyone
My cousin got period pads from them. Tbh, I'd be happy if they sent me some, who doesn't want free stuff. Save yourself £2 at Superdrug 😩
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by ThatJosh

Its not don't worry Ucas replied to someone saying that it was because they opted for marketing https://twitter.com/DoorConnoisseur/status/1159784211747938304
Update: I've confirmed why some people aren't getting them. It's not to do with offers, it's whether you checked the opt-in box for commercial mailings in your application. People who didn't check it don't get the free stuff
They sent me some and I've already been at uni for a year so I don't think it's anything to do with whether you've met your firm or insurance choices or not.

Good luck with your results and getting into university!!
Pretty sure everyone gets them, idk why though is a weird thing to give out
I think they must be sending them out to everyone - otherwise they'd be breaking the embargo? Or if it is to firm offer holders only they would need to wait until after results day... :beard:
I got a lovely razor 👍🏻
Original post by ElNiñoo
I got a lovely razor 👍🏻

Very nice :biggrin:
I wanna get a free package even tho I haven't done my a levels, lol :biggrin:
i got one and i've already been at uni for a year LOL. i was like... why is UCAS even sending me this, i forgot they even existed
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Very nice :biggrin:

Hopefully more to come, I like free stuff 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Feel so attacked that I haven't got anything. Applied through UCAS 2 years in a row as well smh.
Original post by ElNiñoo
Hopefully more to come, I like free stuff 😂

Me too, I feel left out :rofl:
Original post by adri2000
Feel so attacked that I haven't got anything. Applied through UCAS 2 years in a row as well smh.

:console: :frown: Maybe you have to check a box or something to get it?
I was so confused when I got a razor from UCAS. Thought it was like a sympathy gift because I failed or something
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Me too, I feel left out :rofl:

I think it may due to the opt-in box for commercial mailings as another user said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending