The Student Room Group

Student finance ELQ?

Ive just logged into my SFE account it says i will get no funding because of ELQ. 😩, but i was told i can repeat the course as i didnt pass 2 modules or gain a HND qualiucation due to medical reasons and sent my CPR medical report from a GP, and my own cover letter explaining. I sent it 2 days ago so should get to them in a few days.

But i have spoken to many Student finance reps, they said yes i can repeat if i show compelling reasons. Is that the case? As online says No because of ELQ?? Please asvise me.

But the SFE rep did say i put down accidently that ive got a HND, otherwise why would i want to do the same exact course as id look to go further.

Ive sent a cover letter to say that the info is wrong and i wrote it by mistake, and i sent a Compelling reasons letter plus GP report of my condition why i want an extra years funding as i only have 1 year eligible. Would that be okay? 😩
Original post by Jabeir10
Ive just logged into my SFE account it says i will get no funding because of ELQ. 😩, but i was told i can repeat the course as i didnt pass 2 modules or gain a HND qualiucation due to medical reasons and sent my CPR medical report from a GP, and my own cover letter explaining. I sent it 2 days ago so should get to them in a few days.

But i have spoken to many Student finance reps, they said yes i can repeat if i show compelling reasons. Is that the case? As online says No because of ELQ?? Please asvise me.

But the SFE rep did say i put down accidently that ive got a HND, otherwise why would i want to do the same exact course as id look to go further.

Ive sent a cover letter to say that the info is wrong and i wrote it by mistake, and i sent a Compelling reasons letter plus GP report of my condition why i want an extra years funding as i only have 1 year eligible. Would that be okay? 😩

Hi there,

If you have sent your CPR evidence into us along with a letter to state you indicated in error on your main application that you received the HND when you in fact did not receive this qualification. Our assessors will be able to review this and take into consideration when assessing your application. If you did not previous receive a qualification then we will do a previous study calculation to calculate your entitlement.

CPR evidence is reviewed on a case by case basis, at the moment it is currently taking 19 working days to process evidence from the date it is received. If you keep an eye on your online account for any updates.

You can access your online account here: http://ow.ly/ivJS30p1wEk.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

If you have sent your CPR evidence into us along with a letter to state you indicated in error on your main application that you received the HND when you in fact did not receive this qualification. Our assessors will be able to review this and take into consideration when assessing your application. If you did not previous receive a qualification then we will do a previous study calculation to calculate your entitlement.

CPR evidence is reviewed on a case by case basis, at the moment it is currently taking 19 working days to process evidence from the date it is received. If you keep an eye on your online account for any updates.

You can access your online account here: http://ow.ly/ivJS30p1wEk.

Thanks, Amy

Thank you for your help and prompt reply. Thats great! Have a nice rest of the day.
Thank you for your help and prompt reply. Thats great! Have a nice rest of the day.

You're so welcome :smile:

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Thanks, Amy
Reply 4
Original post by Amy SFE
You're so welcome :smile:

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Thanks, Amy

Hi again, sorry. So i double checked with SFE today, they are now saying i need to provide a letter from my old place where i attempted to do the HND to state i dont hold a HND.

But isnt there a way SFE could contact my old place of study? Or does SFE not do that for security reasons? Its difficult as i keep getting told different things and now may even have to get a letter then send it over to SFE. Aby adivse would be appreciated. 😩 thank you.
Hi again, sorry. So i double checked with SFE today, they are now saying i need to provide a letter from my old place where i attempted to do the HND to state i dont hold a HND.

But isnt there a way SFE could contact my old place of study? Or does SFE not do that for security reasons? Its difficult as i keep getting told different things and now may even have to get a letter then send it over to SFE. Aby adivse would be appreciated. 😩 thank you.

Hi,

When you state you have a qualification in error we usually can't move forward until we have proof from your place of study that you haven't received a qualification. We wouldn't contact them on your behalf, it's up to the student to gather the correct documents to receive finance.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

When you state you have a qualification in error we usually can't move forward until we have proof from your place of study that you haven't received a qualification. We wouldn't contact them on your behalf, it's up to the student to gather the correct documents to receive finance.

Thanks, Chanel

Oh i see, i was just checking to see if you guys could in order to quicken the process but you dont, so i will get it to SFE as soon as. Thanks for your help!

Have a good one chanel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending