The Student Room Group

froze a water bottle and drank from it and now I feel ill

i feel rubbish right now

Scroll to see replies

I am in no way a medical professional, and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think freezing plastic bottles can lead to chemicals breaking down in the water, which obviously isn't healthy for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Archetypally
I am in no way a medical professional, and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think freezing plastic bottles can lead to chemicals breaking down in the water, which obviously isn't healthy for you.

damn ffs, I am feeling so ill right now, I didn't know this, what should i do
Original post by Anonymous
damn ffs, I am feeling so ill right now, I didn't know this, what should i do

Phone 111
Unsure which bit of this you are particularly concerned about - old water? the plastic bottle? But this is highly unlikely to be what is making you feel ill, unless the water was months / weeks old. A frozen plastic bottle would not make you feel unwell. As above, best thing if you're feeling unwell is to talk to 111 and get advice, they can advise whether it might be the water, or an unfortunate coincidence and it's something else making you feel ill.
Reply 5
Unsure which bit of this you are particularly concerned about - old water? the plastic bottle? But this is highly unlikely to be what is making you feel ill, unless the water was months / weeks old. A frozen plastic bottle would not make you feel unwell. As above, best thing if you're feeling unwell is to talk to 111 and get advice, they can advise whether it might be the water, or an unfortunate coincidence and it's something else making you feel ill.

Well I mean it was literally ice, it was new water but I dont know when I was drinking it it just made me ill a couple hours later, Idk if it was the sun but I am always out in the sun and have been fine before
Well I mean it was literally ice, it was new water but I dont know when I was drinking it it just made me ill a couple hours later, Idk if it was the sun but I am always out in the sun and have been fine before

AY YO SAME, but not as ill as your feeling. I just felt off, I honestly think the top comment is right, in how nasty chemicals break up when frozen. I'm a water person and my water tasted really off, not like the usual cold tap taste :/
Reply 7
AY YO SAME, but not as ill as your feeling. I just felt off, I honestly think the top comment is right, in how nasty chemicals break up when frozen. I'm a water person and my water tasted really off, not like the usual cold tap taste :/

EXACTLY THE SAME THING LOL, yep it tasted off, I feel ill af like my body is shaking,
i feel rubbish right now

Get to a doctor. Drinking freezing water in this boiling weather could cause tonsillitis since you are exposing your body to a dramatically different temperature. Though the freezing bottle could be completely unrelated, you should get a doctor either way.
Reply 9
Original post by NinjaBurger1337
Get to a doctor. Drinking freezing water in this boiling weather could cause tonsillitis since you are exposing your body to a dramatically different temperature. Though the freezing bottle could be completely unrelated, you should get a doctor either way.

I will wake up tomorrow at 6am, If I feel okay I wont book an appointment but if I am ill I will get an appointment

Who cares? He/She is ill. Other people being more ill doesn't make her less ill.
Original post by NinjaBurger1337
Who cares? He/She is ill. Other people being more ill doesn't make her less ill.

Thank you, it wasn't cold water, It was frozen for 2 days and then I drank from it , I came from poverty and a wore torn conflict, I know many cases of that happening, I didn't come on here looking for an argument or to cause problems, I just came for advice.
war*
EXACTLY THE SAME THING LOL, yep it tasted off, I feel ill af like my body is shaking,

Holy hell. Your body is shaking? That doesn't sound good at all, maybe the water was contaminated beforehand?
Take some medicine/painkillers like ibuprofen or something damn. I would say wrap up but it gets so hot at night the sheets would stick to my skin If I slept bare :/

Hope it gets better, get well soon fellow water lover!
Thank you, it wasn't cold water, It was frozen for 2 days and then I drank from it , I came from poverty and a wore torn conflict, I know many cases of that happening, I didn't come on here looking for an argument or to cause problems, I just came for advice.

Then ring 111 or take yourself to accident and emergency.
Ill ring 111 but I dont think i can hold on any more
If you think you are seriously unwell, phone 111 for medical advice.
I am on the phone, still waiting to get through, Is having a shower a bad idea or should i just leave it
i feel rubbish right now

Original post by Archetypally

I've heard that leaving plastic bottles in hot cars/in the sun can lead to the chemicals in the plastic seeping into the water which can lead to complications/sickness, not sure about freezing though. I'd recommend ringing 111 OP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending