The Student Room Group

Girlfriend got me naked in front of her friends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welshvisitor
That’s one cultural difference we Brits can find odd. So, her friends were guys? Chances are they have seen her bits long before you had. Saunas aren’t like that here so you’ll be fine, except the gay ones 😉

No they were girls too.
Original post by Puzzled11
That was brave and nice of you to go along with! When he realised that it was communal nakedness, my bf refused to go into the sauna when I took him there, so I couldn't go too..

You should tell her you were uncomfortable, but did it anyway and if you don't want to go again, tell her that too. She should respect your choice not to go.

She must've thought you looked perfectly acceptable to show her friends and they would have thought you looked fine, if this is what makes their friend happy! So don't fret about that.

Did you not enjoy it even a little? All those naked girls surrounding you? You can always go again and be more relaxed, enjoy it!

Spoiler

My girlfirends friends were very pretty indeed, but not as pretty as her. :biggrin:

I spoke to her and she was very apologetic. She said that going to the sauna with her friends in the nude is quite normal for her in the Netherlands and didn't think it was such a big deal. I then explained what a bunch of prudes we mainly are in the UK.

She told me that we never have to go to the sauna together again if I don't want to. She actually thought this would be a good way for me to meet her friends. LOL Well it certainly was an experience that I won't forget in a hurry that's for sure.

Thanks to everyone (well, just those who were helpful and not perverts)
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfirends friends were very pretty indeed, but not as pretty as her. :biggrin:

I spoke to her and she was very apologetic. She said that going to the sauna with her friends in the nude is quite normal for her in the Netherlands and didn't think it was such a big deal. I then explained what a bunch of prudes we mainly are in the UK.

She told me that we never have to go to the sauna together again if I don't want to. She actually thought this would be a good way for me to meet her friends. LOL Well it certainly was an experience that I won't forget in a hurry that's for sure.

Thanks for letting us know how you have handled it. I hope you feel able to go to a sauna in future, as in the winter it is very relaxing and a way of not feeling permanently cold.

Now that is most certainly the correct answer :clap2:

Yes, as someone else said, thanks for giving us an update. She sounds very lovely and understanding. It is better now that she knows how you feel. As for a good way to meet her friends.. it does remove a lot of barriers to getting to know them better, I suppose!

We are a bunch of prudes.. or perverts, it appears!
I would tell her you felt uncomfortable . Didn’t realise Dutch people go full frontal in saunas . So Wierd . Won’t be dating a Dutch anytime soon . Don’t be worried about causing an argument . You’re a guy . Man up
Original post by Lalajane
I would tell her you felt uncomfortable . Didn’t realise Dutch people go full frontal in saunas . So Wierd . Won’t be dating a Dutch anytime soon . Don’t be worried about causing an argument . You’re a guy . Man up

I have been to saunas in the Netherlands (a very good one is called Spa Zuiver just outside Amsterdam). It is not weird at all, just seen as matter of fact and comfortable. The thing I found most difficult is the silence within a sauna or steamroom, as in the UK ones in gyms there is often conversation.
Original post by Lalajane

I'm not a man! lol
Original post by Puzzled11
Now that is most certainly the correct answer :clap2:

Yes, as someone else said, thanks for giving us an update. She sounds very lovely and understanding. It is better now that she knows how you feel. As for a good way to meet her friends.. it does remove a lot of barriers to getting to know them better, I suppose!

We are a bunch of prudes.. or perverts, it appears!

Yes, she is great! :smile:

To be honest I think you're right. I just let my body dilemma cloud my judgement, especially when I saw every woman was completely "smooth" downstairs. I just thought "OH GOD! What must they think of me!" My gf said "Don't you dare touch it, just to please me!" She also jokingly said that it proved to her friends that I'm a real redhead. :laugh:
I went to a spa in Ghent on Sunday. No redheads but no-one batted an eyelid about naked people.
Original post by barnetlad
I'm sorry you feel this way. I have been to Dutch spas and it is perfectly normal (as at German and Belgian ones- I have even met a former Prime Minister in one). I think it is the most comfortable way to have a sauna.

I’m shuddering at the thought of meeting any of the recent Prime Minsters in a nude spa 😂
hey,, I'm Lazarus from Namibia,,, holes you're great?? anyone to keep me accompany
Original post by CTLeafez
I’m shuddering at the thought of meeting any of the recent Prime Minsters in a nude spa 😂

ho ho ho!!!

I think I would have freaked out if I had walked into that! :eek::biggrin:
Original post by CTLeafez

It wasn’t a UK one.
Sauna Aqua Azul. In the centre of Ghent, about 10 minutes walk from the Gravensteen.
I went to a spa in Ghent on Sunday. No redheads but no-one batted an eyelid about naked people.

Sauna Aqua Azul. In the centre of Ghent, about 10 minutes walk from the Gravensteen.

I'm going to be in Ghent again for an art exhibition in a couple of weeks time and so can go to this sauna again.
It wasn’t a UK one.

Guy Verhofstadt?! :eek:
mate, you got to be in the company of three naked women. stop complaining and just store the image
Guy Verhofstadt?! :eek:

No, but other than acknowledging it was a former Prime Minister, I shall allow anonymity.
It was very pleasant in the spa in Ghent on Sunday afternoon, the staff were helpful to those who were new, and the only difficulty was having to wait to use the steam room as a group of five women were in there and it only is big enough for five people.
Over 100! I have been in saunas that large but the biggest steam room for me probably held 20 people. It was in Berlin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending