The Student Room Group

Do people only use Tinder for hooking up?

I have never used Tinder before and I am contemplating downloading it because I feel lonely.

I am 18 years old, never been in a relationship or anything like that. I am not from the UK and so where I am from Tinder wasn't popular or mainstream.

I heard that people only use Tinder for hooking up. So, by setting up an account and planning a date, would it be highly presumed by my date that I want something physical? Because I only want to go out on cute dates and genuinely get to know people.

Dk how stupid my question sounds, but I am generally not up to date with the unwritten social conventions associated with Tinder
From what I’ve heard yes
Reply 2
Original post by ساره
From what I’ve heard yes

In the UK specifically?
For many, yes. But not everyone; my brother just married a woman he met on Tinder.
Ngl I use tinder for mainly an ego boost.

It’s nice to match with girls so I know at least some extent I’m at least reasonably alright to look at 😅
Some do. Some don't. My friend uses it for dating. Had a relationship for a year with a girl he met on there.

Other apps, e.g. paid services, are better for finding a date than a hook-up. Although I've had a few relationships with people I met on Plenty of Fish and that was free.
Original post by sinfonietta
Although I've had a few relationships with people I met on Plenty of Fish and that was free.

A few? :shock:

I've been on there ages and haven't even had a decent conversation with anyone yet.
Idk if it’s different for straight people but for us gays it’s definitely used more for relationships. Grindr is our “hookup app”.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending