The Student Room Group

Did you apply for after UCAS deadline 15 january?

Hello,
I'm curious If anybody applied after UCAS deadline 15.01 and was accepted. If so please state university and date of when you applied.
Thanks.
Original post by FutureEEengineer
Hello,
I'm curious If anybody applied after UCAS deadline 15.01 and was accepted. If so please state university and date of when you applied.
Thanks.

Thousands of applicants apply after the deadline and get a place.

If you’re applying after the deadline it’s important to do your research. Check which courses are available on UCAS course search and then double check directly with each university that they do still have vacancies to maximise your chances of an offer.
So it is better not to ask for withdraw in my application right now as University won't do it before 15.01. I should wait till then and do my research right? Or withdraw straight away?
So it is better not to ask for withdraw in my application right now as University won't do it before 15.01. I should wait till then and do my research right? Or withdraw straight away?

What do you mean withdraw?
I applied last year and I'm thinking about applying once more this year but different university. Should I ask the uni where I have place to withdraw my application? I've heard that when uni did withdraw application, ucas workers often did not do it straight away. Theoretically, withdraw can last up to 2 weeks. That's a risk
I applied last year and I'm thinking about applying once more this year but different university. Should I ask the uni where I have place to withdraw my application? I've heard that when uni did withdraw application, ucas workers often did not do it straight away. Theoretically, withdraw can last up to 2 weeks. That's a risk

The delay for withdrawing a deferred applicant is never with UCAS. Ring your firm choice tomorrow first thing and ask if they would be able to withdraw you while you're on the phone. If the person you speak to isn't sure then ask to speak to someone more senior - anyone with weblink access (the university version of Track) would be able to withdraw you but access tends to be limited to more senior or experienced staff (so not the people who are likely to be answering the phones). With access to weblink a withdrawal takes a matter of seconds.

Is your Apply 2020 application all complete? Including the reference? If your current firm can withdraw you by lunch time tomorrow then that gives you plenty of time to apply before the deadline.

If you're likely to miss the deadline because your current university can't guarantee that they'll withdraw you tomorrow (Tuesday 14) then call the universities that you're interested in and explain the situation and ask if they're likely to still be accepting applications for your course after the deadline.
Original post by PQ
Is your Apply 2020 application all complete? Including the reference? If your current firm can withdraw you by lunch time tomorrow then that gives you plenty of time to apply before the deadline.

Thank you for all the informations.
Yes, my application is complete: References from the teacher are uploaded to the UCAS, they will remain I think. Personal letter will be uploaded the same with slightly differences. I think that's enough.

Will I have to pay before deadline for my application to be considered? Still, I am EU student and banking transfer won't be this quick, I don't remember how it went last year.

Uptill tomorrow I will decide what to do. I'm holding a place in Newcastle, in a city that's far less expensive to live than Manchester, Bristol, Southampton.
If I will not find cheap accommodation I will stay with my offer.
I contacted the uni through phone. Explained them my situation and they asked to send an email to a given email address. They told me that my application will be widthdraw today. I haven't got an answer yet and it's after their working time 17:00.
I contacted the uni through phone. Explained them my situation and they asked to send an email to a given email address. They told me that my application will be widthdraw today. I haven't got an answer yet and it's after their working time 17:00.

Ring your firm choice tomorrow first thing and ask if they would be able to withdraw you while you're on the phone.

If the person you speak to isn't sure then ask to speak to someone more senior - anyone with weblink access (the university version of Track) would be able to withdraw you but access tends to be limited to more senior or experienced staff (so not the people who are likely to be answering the phones).

With access to weblink a withdrawal takes a matter of seconds.
Thank you, I called my Uni and UCAS, and today I submited a new application. Best wishes!
Thank you, I called my Uni and UCAS, and today I submited a new application. Best wishes!

Oh that's great news - well done on persisting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending