The Student Room Group

Can you firm and insure unis with the same grade offers?

... conditional offer
You can yes
My first and second choice have the same offer grades
I mean you can. I don't know why you would, unless you know your insurance will be pretty lenient.
Reply 4
Original post by vicvic38
I mean you can. I don't know why you would, unless you know your insurance will be pretty lenient.

Wdm by lenient?..

There's no point Insuring a distant third choice just because it has a lower offer.

It's fine to F & I the same offer if they're your 1st and 2nd and choice. Places with lower offers are typically in Clearing anyway.
I did, because I didn't have any lower offers than the uni I wanted to firm. It's risky though, as if you miss the grades for your firm you'll also have missed the grades for your insurance.
Reply 7
Original post by KittyN
I did, because I didn't have any lower offers than the uni I wanted to firm. It's risky though, as if you miss the grades for your firm you'll also have missed the grades for your insurance.

True, the risk part is kind of worrying me, but there aren't huge differences between my offers, they are just one grade different, it's either AAA or AAB.
Original post by Bluerainy
Wdm by lenient?..

Sometimes (ok a fair bit of the time) universities may be willing to let you in, even if you missed the grades by a little bit. I'm not sure how true it is, but I was always told in sixth form that UEA was fairly lenient, and so even if you missed your offer by a grade or two, you'd still be accepted.

It's not something good to rely on, mind you.
Reply 9
Sometimes (ok a fair bit of the time) universities may be willing to let you in, even if you missed the grades by a little bit. I'm not sure how true it is, but I was always told in sixth form that UEA was fairly lenient, and so even if you missed your offer by a grade or two, you'd still be accepted.

It's not something good to rely on, mind you.

Ah, my sixth form told me the same thing 😂
But like you said it's too risky so I'm not gonna rely on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending