The Student Room Group

First date at the age of 23, any advice?

Hey, I'm 23 and have never been on a date before. Do you guys have any advice?
Where are you going?
Yeah, don't f*ck it up
Stay at least 2 metres appart lol
If he sneezes, run for the hills.
Just be yourself, act as you normally would, dont try to be something your not.
Most of all relax and enjoy the experience.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm 23 and have never been on a date before. Do you guys have any advice?

Stay calm and don't do anything sexually to the woman.
Original post by Brutal Bee
If he sneezes, run for the hills.

Or coughs :erm:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Or coughs :erm:

Or leans in for a kiss. DIRTY.
Original post by Brutal Bee
Or leans in for a kiss. DIRTY.

:rofl:
First and foremost, do what you can to make the date as enjoyable as possible for the person you're with.
This may mean that you have to take the lead and make decisions on where you will go and what you will do. To take the stress out of it for him or her. It may also mean that you have to be flexible in what you do and where you go.
Above all, it means be polite, without being a doormat. Be respectful, without being a doormat.

Aim to make the conversation a 2 way, 50 50 thing. Where you ask a question, listen to their answer. Then you chip in with a response to what they said. Then you shut up and listen to their response to your response and so on. Where you venture some information about yourself and ask - preferably interesting or unusual questions about them.

Avoid talking about politics or religion or anything too overtly sexual - unless you know them well already.

Having focused primarily on them enjoying the date, the second thing for you to do is to: enjoy yourself and have a good time.

Good luck!

And watch out that you don't get an on the spot fine for not observing social distancing rules...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending