The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Second_Beauty
Can a person survive on drinking only water for a month and no food? I’ve recently heard of some women fasting this way and they lost a ton of weight. They seem to be fine and have testified to not gaining the weight back when they started eating again.

sounds... dangerous. do they even have dates? surely they have about 3 dates?
Starvation is not good for you, it could kill you.
Reply 3
Can a person survive on drinking only water for a month and no food? I’ve recently heard of some women fasting this way and they lost a ton of weight. They seem to be fine and have testified to not gaining the weight back when they started eating again.

lol, that's such bull****.
Reply 4
There are other ways you can lose weight...this is just dangerous
Reply 5
Usually eating again normally after a period of starvation makes you gain the weight back twice as much. Then the starving would occur again as the person freaks out after seeing the gained weight. This is very unhealthy and there are other much healthier ways of losing weight. This is known as the yoyo cycle, where you lose and gain weight rapidly in a short time, which has damaging effects in the long run.
Original post by β0b
sounds... dangerous. do they even have dates? surely they have about 3 dates?

What do you mean? For eating? They said they only drank water so idk but obviously there had to be some cheating along the way. No way can someone go from eating a lot to not eating at all for an extended period
Original post by hiiiii1
Usually eating again normally after a period of starvation makes you gain the weight back twice as much. Then the starving would occur again as the person freaks out after seeing the gained weight. This is very unhealthy and there are other much healthier ways of losing weight. This is known as the yoyo cycle, where you lose and gain weight rapidly in a short time, which has damaging effects in the long run.

Yeah, there are loads of other ways. I couldn’t attempt this if I wanted too. I have low iron and other things I suspect. I’m struggling trying to fast. I’ll have to go back to exercise but it’s going to be a nightmare
Reply 8
What do you mean? For eating? They said they only drank water so idk but obviously there had to be some cheating along the way. No way can someone go from eating a lot to not eating at all for an extended period

They would royally screw up their metabolism, so when they ate again they would gain weight rapidly.
Reply 10
Original post by Academicbee123
They would royally screw up their metabolism, so when they ate again they would gain weight rapidly.

sooo, is it good that I am eating a butt tonne to the point where my belly hurts every time I break my fast?
Twice as much to be fair

Lol what the heck is that 😂
Please don’t do this. There are much healthier alternatives to losing weight. A key part is to ask yourself why you want to lose weight. Is it to be healthy? To look the way you want? Maybe some body confidence exercises will help.
Sounds like you’re struggling a little bit, starving yourself is not the answer.
Reply 14
Lol what the heck is that 😂

its a date. it is considered a very good food for breaking your fast because it gives a lot of energy because of its natural sugars. they are also quite yummy!
Original post by Bambam0102
Please don’t do this. There are much healthier alternatives to losing weight. A key part is to ask yourself why you want to lose weight. Is it to be healthy? To look the way you want? Maybe some body confidence exercises will help.
Sounds like you’re struggling a little bit, starving yourself is not the answer.

I’m struggling with depression. Tbh I only want to lose weight just so I’m not seen as the obese girl. I’m sick of it. Exercise seems like the only option. But whenever I get in a depressive mood, I relapse and fall off from exercising. Also found out I’ve got PCOS which is lessening my chances of losing weight
Original post by β0b
its a date. it is considered a very good food for breaking your fast because it gives a lot of energy because of its natural sugars. they are also quite yummy!

I need sources of energy that aren’t black coffee so that’s good. Is it actually called date ? Or is there another name for it ?
A caloric deficit is all you need to lose weight.
Reply 18
I need sources of energy that aren’t black coffee so that’s good. Is it actually called date ? Or is there another name for it ?

DATES
Original post by β0b
DATES

Thanks !!
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
A caloric deficit is all you need to lose weight.

I’ve tried that and it definitely works but I end up with a lack of energy. Like a slightly big lack of it. I can’t stomach black coffee. Do you have any suggestions?

Latest