The Student Room Group

Eligibility

Would I be eligible for student finance for a full time BA (Hons), when I already had it to pay for my CertEd tuition fee (this was Level 4 and 5)? Thanks in advance for any info.
Original post by S26SJJ
Would I be eligible for student finance for a full time BA (Hons), when I already had it to pay for my CertEd tuition fee (this was Level 4 and 5)? Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

1. University of Falmouth - Sustainable Tourism Management
2. 41
3. British, lived in the UK since birth.
4. Btec L3 in Travel and Tourism, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector L3 and Certificate in Education, incorporating the Diploma in Education and Training (L4 and L5).

Many thanks.
Original post by S26SJJ
1. University of Falmouth - Sustainable Tourism Management
2. 41
3. British, lived in the UK since birth.
4. Btec L3 in Travel and Tourism, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector L3 and Certificate in Education, incorporating the Diploma in Education and Training (L4 and L5).

Many thanks.

Good morning, was your certificate in education a CertHE? The level 4 and 5 diploma was this further or higher education?

What is the highest qualification you hold? Is it just the BTEC or do you hold a CertHE?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Hi, no it was not a CertHE. The CertEd is the required qualification for non-graduates or graduates who wish to become full-role teachers in the post-16 Education and Training sector. I took it as a non-graduate on a part time basis over 2 years. It included the DET (Diploma in Education and Training) in the 2nd year, which was the level 5 part.
Apart from this teaching qualification, the highest qualification I have is the Btec Level 3. I'm hoping to complete a Tourism Degree to enable me to teach tourism at a higher level in future.

Many thanks

Sarah
Original post by S26SJJ
Hi, no it was not a CertHE. The CertEd is the required qualification for non-graduates or graduates who wish to become full-role teachers in the post-16 Education and Training sector. I took it as a non-graduate on a part time basis over 2 years. It included the DET (Diploma in Education and Training) in the 2nd year, which was the level 5 part.
Apart from this teaching qualification, the highest qualification I have is the Btec Level 3. I'm hoping to complete a Tourism Degree to enable me to teach tourism at a higher level in future.

Many thanks

Sarah

The DET is a higher education level 5 qualification, this can affect eligibility for further higher education funding.

Your new course is level 6 so not equivalent to your previous qualification which means you can be funded but your previous higher education study can affect eligibility.

The calculation we use to determine funding is: length of your course + 1 additional year - previous study.
For your new 3 year course, your calculation will be 3+1-2=2 years of funding due to having 2 years of previous study. I would expect you to not be funded in the first year.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending